TV Hill ATV repeater update

  • Mark Freeze
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      Hello All,

      I went up to TV hill weekend before last to see what is wrong with the ATV repeater.  With the help of my son Sam, KI4FUD, at my home station I was able to verify that the transmitter and the receiver seem to be working.  The controller is halfway working.  It detects DTMF commands and keys up the transmitter but no video is getting through it.  The power amplifier is amplifying fine but it sometimes gets into an oscillating state between keyed and unkeyed.  That will require some more investigation.  The controller seems to have a bad chip so I'll have to order one and see if that fixes the problem.

      Charlie thinks there was a lightning event up there.  The fuse in the test pattern generator was blown too so it does seem something happened.

      I was glad to see that the TX and RX are working and I think the controller can be fixed.

      73,
      Mark Freeze, WD4KSE