End of Year Updates

  • Raymond & Lisa Woodward
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2009
      TRI-ATV WEBSITE ABOUT TO PASS TEN THOUSAND HITS:

      The counter on the web page for Triangle ATV Association is just about
      to pass its ten thousandth hit. That's almost a thousand hits since we
      reached the 9,000 mark on July 1st of 2009. As of today, it's showing
      a count of 9,978, and it's virtually assured to go over 10,000 by the
      end of the year if not sooner. Evidently, some people somewhere are
      still interested in ham TV, and why not? If you've not checked out our
      page lately, take a look! It's at:

      http://www.qsl.net/tri-atv

      While you're there, go to the bottom, just above the graphic of Mr Spock
      and click on the link to "rate this site" on dxzone.com to vote on what
      you think about it. A lot of effort has gone into making our site
      relevant and more modern. It is well known that some of the content on
      the page concerning Triangle ATV Association goals, etc., needs
      updating, so try not to let that interefere with your appraisal of the page.

      ATV PHOTOS DESIRED:

      If you have any photos of your ATV station or "screen shots" of
      significant ATV contacts you've made, send them in so they can be added
      to the page. We have a good assortment of artwork from the commercial
      side of television, but almost nothing from the amateur side of it, and
      we'd like to do something about that.

      A TRIANGLE ATV ASSOCIATION CLUB MEETING IN JANUARY?

      How about the possibility of a Triangle ATV Association club meeting,
      perhaps on Thursday, January 14th? It could be held somewhere in
      Research Triangle Park so as to inconvenience everybody equally, maybe
      at a place where food could be had. Send in some feedback about this!
      It would be good to get together and decide the direction of the
      organization for 2010, and to review our assets and our goals.

      A NEW ATV REPEATER IN THE RALEIGH AREA SOON?

      I'm told that Matt Harris KD4PBS is in the equipment acquisition stage
      of setting up a 70 cm analog TV repeater somewhere in the greater
      Raleigh area. It would be great to have another ATV repeater on the air
      in our area. If there's anything you can think of that might help Matt
      out, contact him and offer to lend a hand.

      HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY!

      We wish all of you the most blessed Christmas season and hope to see you
      some time next year "on the air." A picture's worth a thousand words
      per minute.

      73 de Woody K3VSA
      Tri-ATV webmaster (ad hoc)