RE: Video / DVD for Tdt Additional arrivals

  • James
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7 10:01 AM
      Greetings:

      At long last, I have acquired some more "C'est pas sorcier" DVD's. They are:
      6 - Histoire de la civilization (has subtitles)and
      7 - Histoire de France (has subtitles)

      Many group members have asked for "Histoire de pierres" but this one is not easy to get. I will continue to hunt and ask for it.

      To please the most people, I will send one DVD to one teacher. I know there are many teachers who requested all three. When possible, I get a second and third one to you.

      Reimbursement will be simple. When the DVD arrives, there will be a bank deposit slip inside. Please send it with your check to the bank.

      The Euro to Dollar exchange rate has continued to decline. A DVD now costs $18.60 plus shipping.

      It is normal that the DVD boxes are open. This is how they are sold: Empty boxes on the shelves and after paying, one goes to pick up the DVD/CD at the welcome counter.

      I doubt that the DVD will arrive before X-mas break. But, who knows.

      James O'
      Group owner

      --- In tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com, "James" <mnodonne@...> wrote:

      Greetings to one and all:

      In the grocery store yesterday, I spied a "C'est pas Sorcier" CD-ROM
      titled: HISTOIRE DE PIERRES, that is perfect for Tdt.

      Furthermore, it was on sale at 10€ and this CD-ROM has French
      sub-titles for the hearing impared ! This is very rare!

      It has four 30 minute episodes:
      1) Pont du Gard et arènes de Nîmes
      2) La cité de Carcasonne
      3) Sous le soleil de Versailles
      4) Les fortifications de Vauban

      I will be gald to buy the remaining copies and send one to you for
      $17.oo which covers postage and the exchange rate.

      The second CD-ROM that I higly recommend, also with sub-titles and from
      C'est pas Soricer, is L'HISTOIRE de la CIVILISATION. Three of the four
      titles are for Tdt. 1) Le Néolithique, 2) Les Gaulois, 3) Les
      Templiers, 4) Les Mayas.

      If anyone would like to have the CD-Rom's, repond with your mailing
      address.

      If you are not familiar with C'est pas sorcier, check out this clip
      http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/n%C3%A9olithique/video/x79ms\
      y_lhomme-du-neolithique-12_travel
      <http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/n%C3%A9olithique/video/x79m\
      sy_lhomme-du-neolithique-12_travel> .

      James O'Donnell

      --- End forwarded message ---
    • Ron and Laura Schmuck
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7 4:44 PM
        James,
        If I am not too late in responding, I would like the Histoire de France DVD.

        Laura Schmuck
        5232 N. Nashville Ave.
        Chicago, IL 60656
        USA