DVD's ordered for teachers (C'est pas sorcier)

  • James
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 2, 2009

      Greetings:

      I finally met a nice worker in a Delhaize grocery store in Waterloo who is helping me get some DVD's

      Short story:

      I will have to contnue to search for the "C'est pas sorcier" DVD with 4 episodes:

      A) (Histoire de Pierres)

      > 1) Pont du Gard et arènes de Nîmes
      > 2) La cité de Carcasonne
      > 3) Sous le soleil de Versailles
      > 4) Les fortifications de Vauban

      On the lucky side, I have ordered 7 copies of two other DVD's from "C'est pas sorcier":
      B) (Histoire de France)
      1) Les châteaux forts
      2) Les châteaux de la Loire
      3) Paris s'éveille
      4) Paris Lumières
      and
      C) (Histoire de la civilisation)
      1) Le néolithique : un tournant pour l'humanité
      2) Les Gaulois
      3) Les Templiers partent en croisade
      4) Les Mayas

      There were 7 teachers who requested 2 DVD's see above( A and C) And one teacher wrote (any and all) would be good.

      So far I have received reimbursement for 2 of 5 DVD's that I sent to teachers.  I am being patient.

      For clarification, I request that everyone who wants a DVD to please send me again your name and address and IDENTIFY which DVD's you would like to have from the list below.

      A) (Histoire de Pierres) French subtitles   $19 inlcudes postage  The exchange rate is worse than two weeks ago
      B) (Histoire de France) no subtitles        $19 inlcudes postage
      C) (Histoire de la civilisation) French subtitles $19 inlcudes postage

      Send me a direct E-mail at mnodonne@...

      Sincerely,

      James O'Donnell
      French II, III, IV, V-AP
      Belgium

      --- In tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com, "James" <mnodonne@...> wrote:

      > Greetings teachers:
      >
      > There were 18 requests for DVD's; some reqesting both DVD's.
      >
      > This Monday, I am mailing off 4 DVD's : L'Histoire des Pierres. They should play on your computer and you can show them using an InFoucus. (They will not work on a standard US TV nor DVD player.)
      >
      > The following teachers can expect the DVD: McCrady, McLaughlin, Stump,
      > and Awono.
      >
      > The supermarkets have not been a best source of the DVD's. I inquired at a used book / DVD store where I was told that thier shipment will arrive later this month. I will go each Saturday to ckeck.
      >
      > As soon as I get more DVD's, I will post them to those who have given their mailing addresses.
      >
      > If you are interested in more DVD's from the Series, C'est pas sorcier, you can do a goole search and find the list of the episodes and DVD tiles. There is a spin off to CPS, called "Quelle Aventure" These do not have subtitles, but there are some good DVD's for TDT:
      > - Une journée chez François 1er
      > - Les battisseurs des cathédrales
      > - La belle époque etc. etc.
      >
      > Cordialement,
      >
      > James O'Donnell
      >
      > --- In tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com, "James" mnodonne@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Greetings to one and all:
      > >
      > > In the grocery store yesterday, I spied a "C'est pas Sorcier" DVD
      > > titled: HISTOIRE DE PIERRES, that is perfect for Tdt.
      > >
      > > Furthermore, it was on sale at 10€ and this CD-ROM has French
      > > sub-titles for the hearing impared ! This is very rare!
      > >
      > > It has four 30 minute episodes:
      > > 1) Pont du Gard et arènes de Nîmes
      > > 2) La cité de Carcasonne
      > > 3) Sous le soleil de Versailles
      > > 4) Les fortifications de Vauban
      > >
      > > I will be gald to buy the remaining copies and send one to you for
      > > $17.5o which covers postage and the exchange rate.
      > >
      > > The second CD-ROM / DVD that I higly recommend, also with sub-titles and from
      > > C'est pas Soricer, is L'HISTOIRE de la CIVILISATION. Three of the four
      > > titles are for Tdt. 1) La Néolithique, 2) Les Gaulois, 3) Les
      > > Templiers, 4) Les Mayas.
      > >
      > > If anyone would like to have the CD-Rom's, repond with your mailing
      > > address.
      > >
      > > If you are not familiar with C'est pas sorcier, check out this clip
      > > http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/n%C3%A9olithique/video/x79ms\
      > > y_lhomme-du-neolithique-12_travel
      > > <http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/n%C3%A9olithique/video/x79m\
      > > sy_lhomme-du-neolithique-12_travel> .
      > >
      > > James O'Donnell

    • Cathy Kendrigan
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hi James,

        I would like A and C, if possible.  If not, I'll take either one.  Thanks so much for continuing to follow-up on this.

        Cathy Kendrigan
        1525 N. Beverly Lane
        Arlington Heights, IL 60004
        USA

      • James O'Donnell
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 2, 2009
          Dear Deb

          When and if the DVD's arrive chez vous, I will ask that you send a check to my bank with a deposit slip that I will have sent along with the DVD's.  This is the most efficient way of reimbursing me.

          You are number 21 on the list.

          James

          To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com
          From: cathykendrigan@...
          Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:16:44 -0600
          Subject: Re: [tresors_du_temps] DVD's ordered for teachers (C'est pas sorcier)

          Send me a direct E-mail at mnodonne@hotmail. com
          Sincerely,
          James O'Donnell
          French II, III, IV, V-AP
          Belgium

          --- In tresors_du_temps@ yahoogroups. com, "James" <mnodonne@...> wrote:

          > Greetings teachers:
          >
          > There were 18 requests for DVD's; some reqesting both DVD's.
          >
          > This Monday, I am mailing off 4 DVD's : L'Histoire des Pierres. They should play on your computer and you can show them using an InFoucus. (They will not work on a standard US TV nor DVD player.)
          >
          > The following teachers can expect the DVD: McCrady, McLaughlin, Stump,
          > and Awono.
          >
          > The supermarkets have not been a best source of the DVD's. I inquired at a used book / DVD store where I was told that thier shipment will arrive later this month. I will go each Saturday to ckeck.
          >
          > As soon as I get more DVD's, I will post them to those who have given their mailing addresses.
          >
          > If you are interested in more DVD's from the Series, C'est pas sorcier, you can do a goole search and find the list of the episodes and DVD tiles. There is a spin off to CPS, called "Quelle Aventure" These do not have subtitles, but there are some good DVD's for TDT:
          > - Une journée chez François 1er
          > - Les battisseurs des cathédrales
          > - La belle époque etc. etc.
          >
          > Cordialement,
          >
          > James O'Donnell
          >
          > --- In tresors_du_temps@ yahoogroups. com, "James" mnodonne@ wrote:
          > >

          > > Greetings to one and all:
          > >
          > > In the grocery store yesterday, I spied a "C'est pas Sorcier" DVD
          > > titled: HISTOIRE DE PIERRES, that is perfect for Tdt.
          > >
          > > Furthermore, it was on sale at 10€ and this CD-ROM has French
          > > sub-titles for the hearing impared ! This is very rare!
          > >
          > > It has four 30 minute episodes:
          > > 1) Pont du Gard et arènes de Nîmes
          > > 2) La cité de Carcasonne
          > > 3) Sous le soleil de Versailles
          > > 4) Les fortifications de Vauban
          > >
          > > I will be gald to buy the remaining copies and send one to you for
          > > $17.5o which covers postage and the exchange rate.
          > >
          > > The second CD-ROM / DVD that I higly recommend, also with sub-titles and from
          > > C'est pas Soricer, is L'HISTOIRE de la CIVILISATION. Three of the four
          > > titles are for Tdt. 1) La Néolithique, 2) Les Gaulois, 3) Les
          > > Templiers, 4) Les Mayas.
          > >
          > > If anyone would like to have the CD-Rom's, repond with your mailing
          > > address.
          > >
          > > If you are not familiar with C'est pas sorcier, check out this clip
          > > http://www.dailymot ion.com/relevanc e/search/ n%C3%A9olithique /video/x79ms\
          > > y_lhomme-du- neolithique- 12_travel
          > > <http://www.dailymot ion.com/relevanc e/search/ n%C3%A9olithique /video/x79m\
          > > sy_lhomme-du- neolithique- 12_travel> .
          > >
          > > James O'Donnell

          Pour le printemps, Windows Live vous propose une foule des jeux rafraichissants à découvrir entre amis.
        • DEBORAH BLAZ
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 2, 2009
            Okay...I'll be in France next summer for a month, so perhaps I can find my own....

            THANKS for all you do for this group!!

            To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com
            From: cathykendrigan@...
            Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:16:44 -0600

            Hi James,

            I would like A and C, if possible. If not, I'll take either one. Thanks so much for continuing to follow-up on this.

            Cathy Kendrigan
            1525 N. Beverly Lane
            Arlington Heights, IL 60004
            USA

            On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM, James <mnodonne@...> wrote:

            Greetings:

            I finally met a nice worker in a Delhaize grocery store in Waterloo who is helping me get some DVD's
            Short story:

            I will have to contnue to search for the "C'est pas sorcier" DVD with 4 episodes:
            A) (Histoire de Pierres)
            > 1) Pont du Gard et ar nes de NŠmes
            > 2) La citĄ de Carcasonne
            > 3) Sous le soleil de Versailles
            > 4) Les fortifications de Vauban

            On the lucky side, I have ordered 7 copies of two other DVD's from "C'est pas sorcier":
            B) (Histoire de France)
            1) Les chteaux forts
            2) Les chteaux de la Loire
            3) Paris s'Ąveille
            4) Paris Lumi res
            and C) (Histoire de la civilisation)
            1) Le nĄolithique : un tournant pour l'humanitĄ
            2) Les Gaulois
            3) Les Templiers partent en croisade
            4) Les Mayas

            There were 7 teachers who requested 2 DVD's see above( A and C) And one teacher wrote (any and all) would be good.

            So far I have received reimbursement for 2 of 5 DVD's that I sent to teachers. I am being patient.
            For clarification, I request that everyone who wants a DVD to please send me again your name and address and IDENTIFY which DVD's you would like to have from the list below.

            A) (Histoire de Pierres) French subtitles $19 inlcudes postage The exchange rate is worse than two weeks ago
            B) (Histoire de France) no subtitles $19 inlcudes postage
            C) (Histoire de la civilisation) French subtitles $19 inlcudes postage

            Send me a direct E-mail at mnodonne@...
            Sincerely,

            James O'Donnell
            French II, III, IV, V-AP
            Belgium

            --- In tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com, "James" <mnodonne@...> wrote:

            > Greetings teachers:
            > > There were 18 requests for DVD's; some reqesting both DVD's.
            > > This Monday, I am mailing off 4 DVD's : L'Histoire des Pierres. They should play on your computer and you can show them using an InFoucus. (They will not work on a standard US TV nor DVD player.)
            > > The following teachers can expect the DVD: McCrady, McLaughlin, Stump,
            > and Awono.
            > > The supermarkets have not been a best source of the DVD's. I inquired at a used book / DVD store where I was told that thier shipment will arrive later this month. I will go each Saturday to ckeck. > > As soon as I get more DVD's, I will post them to those who have given their mailing addresses.
            > > If you are interested in more DVD's from the Series, C'est pas sorcier, you can do a goole search and find the list of the episodes and DVD tiles. There is a spin off to CPS, called "Quelle Aventure" These do not have subtitles, but there are some good DVD's for TDT:
            > - Une journĄe chez Fran¸ois 1er
            > - Les battisseurs des cathĄdrales
            > - La belle Ąpoque etc. etc.
            > > Cordialement,
            > > James O'Donnell

            > > titled: HISTOIRE DE PIERRES, that is perfect for Tdt.
            > > sub-titles for the hearing impared ! This is very rare!
            > > 1) Pont du Gard et ar nes de NŠmes
            > > 2) La citĄ de Carcasonne
            > > 3) Sous le soleil de Versailles
            > > 4) Les fortifications de Vauban
            > > $17.5o which covers postage and the exchange rate.
            > > C'est pas Soricer, is L'HISTOIRE de la CIVILISATION. Three of the four

            > > titles are for Tdt. 1) La NĄolithique, 2) Les Gaulois, 3) Les
            > > Templiers, 4) Les Mayas.
            > > address.
            > > http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/n%C3%A9olithique/video/x79ms\
            > > y_lhomme-du-neolithique-12_travel
            > > <http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/n%C3%A9olithique/video/x79m\
            > > sy_lhomme-du-neolithique-12_travel> .

            Pour le printemps, Windows Live vous propose une foule des jeux rafraichissants dĄcouvrir entre amis.
            http://www.messengerbillboard.be/fr/play

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

            This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged,
            confidential or proprietary information. It is for the sole use of the
            intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the
            employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
            recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
            or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
            If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
            sender and delete this e-mail message and any attachments from your
            computer.