Les Grottes de Lascaux

  • salut218
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 22, 2012
      I highly recommed a Powerpoint presentation in French with beautiful photos/illustrations of "Les Grottes de Lascaux". It was created by the COACH Foreign Language Project (University of California, Irvine). I have pasted the website below in case you would like to purchase it.
      Thanks so much to those of you who have shared your materials in this group!

      http://www.coachflproject.org/id22.html
    • trogischr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 22, 2012

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 22, 2012

          I highly recommed a Powerpoint presentation in French with beautiful photos/illustrations of "Les Grottes de Lascaux". It was created by the COACH Foreign Language Project (University of California, Irvine). I have pasted the website below in case you would like to purchase it.
          Thanks so much to those of you who have shared your materials in this group!

          http://www.coachflproject.org/id22.html

        • Tatiana Chilingirian
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 22, 2012
            Merci! J'ai une question sur le livre Tresor du temps... Comment faites-vous travailler les élèves avec ce livre? Est-ce que vous vous penchez plus sur l'histoire ou le vocabulaire et la grammaire? J'aimerais votre opinion car je voudrais l'utiliser pour mes Français 3 Honneurs.

            Merci,
            Tatiana Chilingirian
            French Teacher
            Mater Dei

            Sent from my iPhone

            I highly recommed a Powerpoint presentation in French with beautiful photos/illustrations of "Les Grottes de Lascaux". It was created by the COACH Foreign Language Project (University of California, Irvine). I have pasted the website below in case you would like to purchase it.
            Thanks so much to those of you who have shared your materials in this group!

            http://www.coachflproject.org/id22.html

            =
          • Deborah Blaz
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 23, 2012

              The Field Museum in Chicago will have an exhibition next spring on Lascaux.....if you live close enough to attend!

              http://www.archaeology-travel.com/blog/exhibitions/lascaux-international-exhibition-to-travel-the-world/

              Deb Blaz

              Angola High School

              Doter nos élèves de connaissances de lecture pour le 21e siècle

              Empowering Our Students with 21st Century Literacy Skills

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 23, 2012

                Oh and Werner Herzog also has a documentary film I watched on Netflix and that can be purchased inexpensively on amazon.com

                It's called Cave of Forgotten Dreams.

                In it, he and a camera crew basically walk around and marvel at the paintings.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 23, 2012
                  Greetings,

                  You are interested in TDT for Fr. III Honors. Great book for a choice that is so differnent.

                  I used Tdt very well for four years.  I had abondoned it my first two years for lack of structure and secondary resources.  From that frustration, I created the Trésors du temps Yahoo group and the student Quia website.  I had Fr. IV and V-AP students combined.

                  As shared with me, you can only really do about 8 étaps in one year.  I chose to do 1-7 one year and the following year, étapes 8-11.

                  I totally ignored the grammar in the book and used a seperate book, En bonne forme or French for Oral and Written Review.
                  My lessons were divided into three parts: a) grammar, b) history, c) AP Practice.  The Quia website, provides links to authentic audio-visual and reading documents for each étape.

                  Vocabulary ! I did not make the TDT vocabulary the main focus for my students.  Certainly in the first half of the book, the vocabulary is not relavent to the AP test of old, but it is a bit more relavent to the new AP ideal.  I only had my students work with the vocabulary like Language Arts teachers do.  From the second part of the book, the vocabulary becomes more everyday.  Still, I did not over-emphazise it as there is so much more vocabulary that is esstential to level IV and V.  See "Vocabulaire Progressive du Français, niveau avancé" from CLE International.

                  I have not used TDT with the new AP exam format.

                  Finding projects to associate with the history is important.  To incorporate some AP activities, one can imagine oral interviews with people from the differnt ages.  Letter writing role-plays between personnes.

                   What to emphasize?  Everything, of course. I would not have my grades such that the "History" has the most weight.  For me, the grammar, and genral use of French is the target of the Pre-AP course.

                  I hope you get many responses.

                  James O'Donnell

                  To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 23, 2012

                    I also use it as a reader/culture and do ch 1-6 (up to Louis XV) with level 3 and finish the book in level 4.

                    All work (lecture/discussion) is in French so it's also listening and speaking....

                    We do vocabulary but words of my own choosing, not the ones in the book.

                    We use Bien Dit for grammar/composition.

                    Deb Blaz

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 23, 2012
                      Thank you so much for all the information.

                      Tatiana Chilingirian
                      French Teacher
                      Mater Dei High School

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 8, 2013
                        If you haven't been yet and live nearby, the Field Museum in Chicago is having a fabulous Lascaux exhibit; I just went last week. I have been teaching Lascaux for 20+ years and I learned a bunch of new things. It was great seeing all the old photos, and walking through a recreation of part of it! Well worth $10 to see.

                        -