Add a youtube file to Etape 1

  • Diana
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2011
      I tried to add a youtube clip for the first chapter about Lascaux. It didn't take, saying the title was too long.
      So for those interested, here goes:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8fT_R5R7dQ&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

      It is a look at Lascaux from an art historian's point of view. It's only a few minutes long and in English, but you may like to use it.

      If the above doesn't work, search for Sister Wendy. It's the 01 -mists of time chapter you want.
    • Deborah Blaz
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 19, 2011

        Werner Herzog has a new movie out, a 3D documentary about the Chauvet Cave....REALLY good (can't wait for it to come out on DVD) called

        CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS and there are trailers for that on YouTube.

        Deb Blaz

        Angola High School

        Empowering Our Students with 21st Century Literacy Skills

      • rita nutter
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 19, 2011
          Did you know that both Lascaux and chauvet have "virtual tours"?  I divide the class in 2 and one partner visits one cave and the other student, the other.  They make a list of animals, etc that they find while "exploring " their cave.  Then all the Lascaux's get together and compare their list to other who explored it.  Same with chauvet.  Then they return to their partner and with a venn diagram, compare the 2 and what animals are "different".  (The ones in Lascaux are mostly ones used for food and clothing.  But, in Chauvet, they are more violent, savage animals.).  They then have to come up with a "theory" as archiologists why they  thinks the caves have different animals.  They love the project.  Takes a class period.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 19, 2011
              Great idea, thanks for sharing!
              Danielle

              "Making the decision to have a child- it's momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body."

              -Elizabeth Stone

              Save the Earth, it’s the only planet with chocolate!

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 19, 2011
                To add a very long web address to a folder in the site, add a word document, with the address on it.

                You can also request the Quia site owner to add the clip address to the list of links.  http://www.quia.com/pages/tresorstemps.html

                The link below took me to a clip in English.

                You should look on DailyMotion for authentic clips such as those required by AP.

                James

                To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 19, 2011

                  Look underneath the video and you should see a little box that says SHARE.  Click on it and it gives you a smaller link for the video.  I hope this works

                  Barb Romanczuk

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 21, 2011
                    Great idea!

                    Roseline Berger