Fun Films for History

  • tresors_du_temps-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2011

      Greetings:

      A few years ago, while teaching the 100 years war,  I rewarded my students with the American film, "Timeline" 2003, in French called, "Prisonniers du temps".  It has a PG-13 rating.  My VHS tape is dubbed in French.

      Though all the scenes are filmed in the US an Canada, the novel is set in Dordogne, France.  The Chateau de

      Castelnaud is geographically accurate to suit Creighton's book, as it was on the English side of the river.

      Here below are some links to explore should this topic interest you.

      Bien à vous,

      James

    • Carolyn Rubenstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011
        Mais dis donc....j'ai passé une année scolaire en Dordogne !

        Merci beaucoup pour ces infos, et merci encore une fois pour vos ressources fabuleuses !

        Bunny Rubenstein

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg_uk4-n_VQ

        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300556/

        http://www.castelnaud.com/uk/