Urgent

  • Cathy Kendrigan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2011

      Hello

      Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a quick trip to the UK and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy has cooperated by issuing a temporary passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. To be honest,i don't have money with me,I've made contact with my bank but the best they could do was to send me a new card in the mail which will take 2-4 working days to arrive here.i was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that i can give back as soon as i get in,i really need to be on a last minute flight that leaves in a few hours.

      I can furnish you with info on how you will get me the money. You can reach me via (cathy.kendrigan@...)

      Thanks

      Cathy

    • Laura Elwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2011
        STOP!!!

        This is a classic scam e-mail used by someone who gets control of your e-mail account, gets your friends to send money to them, and acquires the friends' credit card information.

        Unless you know Kathy personally and can verify this on the phone with her. DO NOT send money or respond to the request by replying or following a link.

        Laura Elwell

        Sent from my iPhone