Requested: Support materials for etape 10:

  • James O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2010

      Greetings:

      I will soon be starting étape 10.  The Supporting Documents folder  has but three items: the non-abridge text of "Mémoires d'outre-tombe" by Chateaubriand, a one-page study of the painting Sacré de Napoléon" and  and a vocabulary wotksheet for the history section.

      I am sure that there are teachers in the group who have complentary activities for the the students, for example: a project, a study guide, a web-quest, extra readings,  vocabulary activities.

      Please share your documents for étape 10 and for étape 11 at the same time.

      Cordialement,

      James O'Donnell

    • James O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2010
        Greetings:

        As I am collecting and developing ideas for student activities for étape 10, my wife suggested that the students compare the litterary works of three authors who wrote about the Battle of Waterloo.

        La Bataille de Waterloo par Stendhal La Bataille de Waterloo par Chateaubriand La Bataille de Waterloo par Victor Hugo
        The litterary passages are not long, about 1.25 typed pages each.  The systhesis aspect of the assignment is on target with the new AP exam's format.

        Je saute du coq à l'âne ici:

        I have come across several dead links in the Tdt Quia pages.  I will spend some time trying to replace them.  It appears that all the links going to audio sources have changed or the audio file has been removed from the webpage page.

        Un conseil: if you find audio or video that you want to use in the future, save it to your PC.  Also, regularly back up your files on a seperate removeable disk.

        Bien à vous tous et toutes,

        James O'
      • NancyNelson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2010
          I'm working on a committee responsible for helping language teachers find ways to teach the skills necessary for helping AP students from the first year. I'm just getting the gist of it.

          One of the main people (who helped determine the ideology and format of the new test) said that all students need to develop the processes of analysis and synthesis of material across the themes, but a 5 on the AP test will the one who puts in more DETAILS, as well as better language skills to communicate them, but she stressed details to support their synthesis. So they'll read two unrelated passages and write (or talk about them, I suppose) in relation to each other and also all they've learned and thought about in all 6 themes. As I get insights from the group, I'll pass them along.

          Speaking of which, I can't find where on college Board or elsewhere is found the discussion of the actual test. Also, do you know of a forum about it?

          Are you all familiar with the site www.nclrc.com, for university language teachers, but useful for HS and below as well? Thorough articles and insights about how to (and not to) teach listening/reading/writing, etc.,  which had some insights I had never thought about before. Look around for the place with the links to TEACH LISTENING, etc.

          My school is going to all iPads next year, and quia doesn't work!!! Oh, no! It's because Flash is not supported on iPads. The Apple trainer was at school the other day and he said there is another program that can be used, but I can't remember what it is or how to do it. Email me if you want to know and I'll ask again, or if you find out a way for students to do quia activities on an iPad.

          Merci.

          Nancy Nelson, M.A.T.
          Monte Vista Christian School
          French 1-4 Room M-4
          831-722-8178 ext 436
          Office hours by appointment

[...]

          Confidentiality notice: Our goal is to protect the privacy of our confidential records. If you have received confidential information in error, please call 831-722-8178.