Modifications to student activites on Tdt Quia pages

  • James
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
      Chers professeurs:

      Je viens de prendre le temps de modifier les paramètres des activités qui s'appellent, "quiz" au site de Quia.com. Maintenant, toutes les activités sont disponibles à tout le monde. Avant, seulement mes élèves avaient accès aux "quiz".

      http://www.quia.com/pages/tresorstemps.html

      Si vous developez des activités sur Quia.web, vous pouvez me demander de les ajouter au site.

      mnodonne@...

      James O'Donnell
      site owner
    • Monica Munozderivera
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
        C'est fantastique, merci pour le partager.

        Monica Munoz de Rivera

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
          Merci beaucoup James! Le site web est genial!
        • Carolyn Rubenstein
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2010
            Tu es vraiment gentil, James. Merci bien!

            B. Rubenstein
            Je viens de prendre le temps de modifier les paramètres des activités qui s'appellent, "quiz" au site de Quia.com. Maintenant, toutes les activités sont disponibles à tout le monde. Avant, seulement mes élèves avaient accès aux "quiz".

            http://www.quia.com/pages/tresorstemps.html

            Si vous developez des activités sur Quia.web, vous pouvez me demander de les ajouter au site.

            mnodonne@...<mailto:mnodonne%40hotmail.com>

            James O'Donnell
            site owner
          • NancyNelson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2010
              Does anyone know if any  publishing company is working on an AP French curriculum or resource for the newly revamped AP test 2012? Or any blogs or teacher sites or teachers besides this one where we can share and collaborate? Most of our usual resouces won't work. We have to create an entirely new class.

              Nancy
              Je viens de prendre le temps de modifier les paramètres des activités qui s'appellent, "quiz" au site de Quia.com. Maintenant, toutes les activités sont disponibles à tout le monde. Avant, seulement mes élèves avaient accès aux "quiz".

              http://www.quia.com/pages/tresorstemps.html

              Si vous developez des activités sur Quia.web, vous pouvez me demander de les ajouter au site.

              mnodonne@...<mailto:mnodonne%40hotmail.com>

              James O'Donnell
              site owner

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              tresors_du_temps-digest@yahoogroups.com
              tresors_du_temps-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Confidentiality notice: Our goal is to protect the privacy of our confidential records. If you have received confidential information in error, please call 831-722-8178.
            • James O'Donnell
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5, 2010
              Greetings to Nancy and fellow teachers using Trésors du Temps:

                  I am sure that publishers are working towards publishing supplemental materials for us teachers of AP French.  At an AP meeting in my district last month,  I was able to get a quick look at a new AP Spanish Language book designed for the new AP Spanish exam.  We have a real challenge on our hands just like the teachers of Spanish have had.

                  My attachment gives a condensed overview of the forthcoming changes to the exam and some tentative timeline dates.

                 I sincerely hope that we will not have to create a whole new course to address the new exam format.  A more positive approach will be for us to find new stategies of engaging the students which will prepare them for the AP exam while continuing to teach the content of our choice.  AP/ ETS does not dictate content.

                 For example, in Tdt, étape 01, we learn of prehistoric man and of his megalithic monuments.  An AP strategy will have students compare present day monuments: the (W's) to those of 3000 years ago.  A second strategy that fits the new AP exam is already found in the student activity book, "complete the dialogue" on page 6-7.  A second example from étape 02 could be for students to compare the invasions of the barbares to that of the US troops in the Middle East.  A comparison (a synthesis) of the Vercingétorix to a contemporary person who has led a resistance is also a possibility.

                  These are but the first steps.  The ability to synthesis information from 2 and 3 sources, both written and audio combined will be very important.

              So, we will read the history section in Etape 01, plus a second source and we will watch a part of an episode of C'est pas sorcier, L'homme néolithique.  Having taken notes, the students then synthesis the information into one of several possible formats: 1) interpersonal oral: "what I learned about prehistoric man", audience: the parents or friends // 2) presentational oral: a PowerPoint, etc. // 3) interpersonal writing: a letter format addressing questions to an archaeologist or a caveman, // 4) presentational writing: Prehistoric art - (question for discussion n° 4 p. 23).

                 The DLEF B1 junior scolaire (200 activités) book 15 Euros, from CLE Interantional, will be a nice tool to use.  The activities are neither grammar nor vocabulary based. They address each of the four skills and work on lingustic competence.  For example:
              I. listening - understand : a) info on daily life, b) a conversation, c) an exposé, d) annoucements and instructions, e) radio shows ,  - Participae in a converstaion,
              II. Reading - Understand : a) textes de la vie quotidiennes, b) correspondance, - sysnthesis of texts to complete a task, etc.
              III. Writing - varried tasks both interpersonal and presentational
              IV. Speaking - a) guided interview, b) read a short news item then speak about the problem solicited in the article, c) confront an unpleasent situation and try to resolve it, d) résumer un article, e) make public announcements on given topics from infomation provided. f) develop an argument relative to some opinions, projects and actions. etc. etc.

                 In closing, we should consider that prepartion for the AP exam starts in Fench I.  More authentic texts and audio/video clips will be needed.  According to the level, it is the student task that will change not the authenticity of the text or audio clip.

              Cordialement,

              James O'Donnell
              site owner

              To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com
              CC: crubenstein@...; mnodonne@...; mnodonne@...
              From: nancynelson@...
              Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:03:40 -0700
              Subject: [tresors_du_temps] RE: New AP French test prep

              mnodonne@hotmail. com<mailto:mnodonne% 40hotmail. com>

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/tresors_ du_temps/ join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              tresors_du_temps- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
              tresors_du_temps- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              Confidentiality notice: Our goal is to protect the privacy of our confidential records. If you have received confidential information in error, please call 831-722-8178.

              Naviguer en toute confidentialité? Téléchargez Internet Explorer 8 avec navigation "InPrivate"
            • Karen De La Vergne
              Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2010
                Merci, James.  Vous êtes très génial.  Je suis en train de demander au lycée de payer mon enrégistrement au site quia.com.  Quand tout sera payé, je recommencera faire des jeux, etc.

                Je suis aussi en train de trouver un autre fournisseur d'accès afin de créer un nouvel site pour mes propres élèves.  Googlepages est parti.  Donc, je fais mes recherches cet été.

                Vous enseignez en Belgique, mais vous êtes américain?  Comment ça?  C'est super.

                Encore, merci de votre aide.

                Karen

                Message 8 of 8 , Jul 6, 2010
                  Chère Karen,

                  Je suis américain et je taravaille dans une école américaine qui exige la nationalité amréricaine de ses employés.  Cela explique pas mal de choses.

                  Google pages ont été remplacées par Google Sites.

                  Quia répond à tous mes besoins.  Si Google sites existaient il y a 7 ans, je les aurais choisies.  Les logiciels de "Hot Potatoes" qui font la même chose que Quia sont gratuits.  A l'époque, le fait de ne pas avoir accès à un serveur où je pourrais enregistrer les activités m'a obligé de choisir Quia.

                  Bien à vous,

                  James O'Donnell

                  To: tresors_du_temps@yahoogroups.com

                  Je viens de prendre le temps de modifier les paramètres des activités qui s'appellent, "quiz" au site de Quia.com. Maintenant, toutes les activités sont disponibles à tout le monde. Avant, seulement mes élèves avaient accès aux "quiz".

                  http://www.quia. com/pages/ tresorstemps. html

                  Si vous developez des activités sur Quia.web, vous pouvez me demander de les ajouter au site.

                  mnodonne@hotmail. com

                  James O'Donnell
                  site owner

                  Internet Explorer 8. Plus rapide, plus sûr et plus simple que jamais.