newsletter, next event

  • Evan and Kara Hope
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
      I have volunteered to put together a newsletter for the Tree Streets
      Neighborhood Association. Please share your ideas or -- better yet --
      your stories with me, and I'll put the newsletter together with a
      target publication date of the first week of October. I thought it
      would be nice to include a photo or two from the picnic, too.

      To get the most out of the newsletter, it would be good to include
      "news" about our next event. Terri mentioned a Halloween costume
      parade. Maybe we could combine a costume parade with a little
      family-friendly party at Sycamore, perhaps on the Saturday before
      Halloween. We could have a costume contest, games, and food. I would
      be happy to help put together the Halloween event.

      What do you think?

      - Kara
    • greg talberg
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
        Sounds like a good idea.  Let us know if/when you need help with distribution.  I thought it might be fun to have best decorations thing for halloween and x-mas and a yard-of-the-month thing in the summer.  I can write something on that if you need me to.  Terry and Valerie like environmental issues.  I can speak to them to see if there is any information they would like to get out.

        Greg Talberg
        517 699-3049

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 10, 2007
          That sounds great...what kind of stories do you want included? Also, I'm
          just getting ready to start doing daycare...maybe I could type something up
          about it to put in there :)
          Thanks...Amy Dennis

          Evan and Kara Hope writes:

          > I have volunteered to put together a newsletter for the Tree Streets
          > Neighborhood Association. Please share your ideas or -- better yet --
          > your stories with me, and I'll put the newsletter together with a
          > target publication date of the first week of October. I thought it
          > would be nice to include a photo or two from the picnic, too.
          >
          > To get the most out of the newsletter, it would be good to include
          > "news" about our next event. Terri mentioned a Halloween costume
          > parade. Maybe we could combine a costume parade with a little
          > family-friendly party at Sycamore, perhaps on the Saturday before
          > Halloween. We could have a costume contest, games, and food. I would
          > be happy to help put together the Halloween event.
          >
          > What do you think?
          >
          > - Kara

        • Evan and Kara Hope
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 13, 2007
            Thanks, Amy & Greg. Both of those ideas for newsletter submissions
            sound good. I don't know what everyone else thinks about how often
            the newsletter should come out -- bimonthly maybe? If I get something
            submitted that I don't have room for this time, I'll save it for the
            next one.

            What about a Halloween thing? Do you we should meet? I guess the
            first step would be to check on the availability of a venue. I was
            thinking either the cafeteria or gym at Sycamore. Is the date ok --
            the Saturday before Halloween?

            --- In treestreets@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Lynn Dennis" <dennisa2@...>
            wrote:

            > That sounds great...what kind of stories do you want included? Also,
            I'm
            > just getting ready to start doing daycare...maybe I could type
            something up
            > about it to put in there :)
            > Thanks...Amy Dennis
            >
            > Evan and Kara Hope writes:
            >
            > > I have volunteered to put together a newsletter for the Tree Streets
            > > Neighborhood Association. Please share your ideas or -- better yet --
            > > your stories with me, and I'll put the newsletter together with a
            > > target publication date of the first week of October. I thought it
            > > would be nice to include a photo or two from the picnic, too.
            > >
            > > To get the most out of the newsletter, it would be good to include
            > > "news" about our next event. Terri mentioned a Halloween costume
            > > parade. Maybe we could combine a costume parade with a little
            > > family-friendly party at Sycamore, perhaps on the Saturday before
            > > Halloween. We could have a costume contest, games, and food. I would
            > > be happy to help put together the Halloween event.
            > >
            > > What do you think?
            > >
            > > - Kara

          • greg talberg
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 13, 2007
              I think Terry was going to work on the Halloween thing and she was talking about parade of costumes that people would watch from their yards.  You may want to call her.  What do you have in mind that requires a venue?

              Greg Talberg
              517 699-3049

              wrote:

              > That sounds great...what kind of stories do you want included? Also,
              I'm
              > just getting ready to start doing daycare...maybe I could type
              something up
              > about it to put in there :)
              > Thanks...Amy Dennis
              >
              > Evan and Kara Hope writes:
              >
              > > I have volunteered to put together a newsletter for the Tree Streets
              > > Neighborhood Association. Please share your ideas or -- better yet --
              > > your stories with me, and I'll put the newsletter together with a
              > > target publication date of the first week of October. I thought it
              > > would be nice to include a photo or two from the picnic, too.
              > >
              > > To get the most out of the newsletter, it would be good to include
              > > "news" about our next event. Terri mentioned a Halloween costume
              > > parade. Maybe we could combine a costume parade with a little
              > > family-friendly party at Sycamore, perhaps on the Saturday before
              > > Halloween. We could have a costume contest, games, and food. I would
              > > be happy to help put together the Halloween event.
              > >
              > > What do you
              think?

              > > - Kara

            • Tom Bennett
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 13, 2007
                I will not be in town the Saturday before Halloween.

                wrote:

                > That sounds great...what kind of stories do you want included? Also,
                I'm
                > just getting ready to start doing daycare...maybe I could type
                something up
                > about it to put in there :)
                > Thanks...Amy Dennis
                >
                > Evan and Kara Hope writes:
                >
                > > I have volunteered to put together a newsletter for the Tree Streets
                > > Neighborhood Association. Please share your ideas or -- better yet --
                > > your stories with me, and I'll put the newsletter together with a
                > > target publication date of the first week of October. I thought it
                > > would be nice to include a photo or two from the picnic, too.
                > >
                > > To get the most out of the newsletter, it would be good to include
                > > "news" about our next event. Terri mentioned a Halloween costume
                > > parade. Maybe we could combine a costume parade with a little
                > > family-friendly party at Sycamore, perhaps on the Saturday before
                > > Halloween. We could have a costume contest, games, and food. I would
                > > be happy to help put together the Halloween event.
                > >
                > > What do you think?
                > >
                > > - Kara

              • Tom Bennett
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 13, 2007

                  wrote:

                  > That sounds great...what kind of stories do you want included? Also,
                  I'm
                  > just getting ready to start doing daycare...maybe I could type
                  something up
                  > about it to put in there :)
                  > Thanks...Amy Dennis
                  >
                  > Evan and Kara Hope writes:
                  >
                  > > I have volunteered to put together a newsletter for the Tree Streets
                  > > Neighborhood Association. Please share your ideas or -- better yet --
                  > > your stories with me, and I'll put the newsletter together with a
                  > > target publication date of the first week of October. I thought it
                  > > would be nice to include a photo or two from the picnic, too.
                  > >
                  > > To get the most out of the newsletter, it would be good to include
                  > > "news" about our next event. Terri mentioned a Halloween costume
                  > > parade. Maybe we could combine a costume parade with a little
                  > > family-friendly party at Sycamore, perhaps on the Saturday before
                  > > Halloween. We could have a costume contest, games, and food. I would
                  > > be happy to help put together the Halloween event.
                  > >
                  > > What do you think?
                  > >
                  > > - Kara

                • Amy Lynn Dennis
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 14, 2007
                    As of right now, we don't have any plans the Sat. before Halloween. Kara,
                    when do you plan to get the first newsletter out?

                    Tom Bennett writes:

                    > I will not be in town the Saturday before Halloween.

                  • Evan and Kara Hope
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 17, 2007
                      I would like to get the newsletter out during the first week of October.

                      I thought maybe we could have a little Halloween party (which would
                      need a venue) along with the costume parade.

                      wrote:

                      > As of right now, we don't have any plans the Sat. before Halloween.
                      Kara,
                      > when do you plan to get the first newsletter out?
                      >
                      > Tom Bennett writes:
                      >
                      > > I will not be in town the Saturday before Halloween.

                    • greg
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 22, 2007
                        Kara, Do you have any story ideas in mind? I could write something
                        for you, but i'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. Would
                        you like me to submit a story about a yard of the month that woud
                        begin with best decorations for Halloween and Christmas or are you
                        looking for something different?

                        --- In treestreets@yahoogroups.com, "Evan and Kara Hope" <evan@...>
                        wrote:

                        > I would like to get the newsletter out during the first week of
                        October.

                        > I thought maybe we could have a little Halloween party (which would
                        > need a venue) along with the costume parade.
                        >
                        > --- In treestreets@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Lynn Dennis" <dennisa2@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > As of right now, we don't have any plans the Sat. before
                        Halloween.
                        > Kara,
                        > > when do you plan to get the first newsletter out?
                        > >
                        > > Tom Bennett writes:
                        > >
                        > > > I will not be in town the Saturday before Halloween.

                      • Evan and Kara Hope
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 25, 2007
                          That sounds fine, Greg. It doesn't have to be very elaborate. I only
                          have two 8 1/2 x 11 pages to fill.