Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

minutes

Expand Messages
  • greg
    Hi, I have pasted my informal minutes below and saved them as a file through the yahoo groups site. How about September 8 for the event? Greg Tree Streets
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      I have pasted my informal minutes below and saved them as a file
      through the yahoo groups site. How about September 8 for the
      event?

      Greg

      Tree Streets Neighborhood Association
      Informal Minutes
      July 24, 2007
      7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
      Sycamore Elementary Playground

      Attendees: Terry and Mark Trottier, Evan and Kara Hope, Greg and
      Sally Talberg, Chris and Amy ? (sorry)

      The above individuals met in order to move forward with the
      formation of a neighborhood association for the Tree Streets.

      1) (From the first meeting) Purpose: We shared ideas regarding
      what purpose a neighborhood association might serve for the Tree
      Streets. Ideas included
      • Establish, preserve, and build on the historic significance
      of the Tree Streets to Holt
      • Enhance connections to the community through holiday events
      and activities (e.g. Halloween pre-party, holiday luminaries,
      participation in parades)
      • Plan events that bring people together (e.g. cook-outs,
      concerts)
      • Establish a newsletter that provides information about
      neighborhood events, activities, and concerns
      • Create a network of support for people in need, particularly
      the elderly

      2) The Event: We will have an event at the Veteran's Memorial
      Gardens in September. I propose Saturday, September 8 as the event
      date. We will have an initial general membership meeting from 5-6
      (location- inside or outside?), food and entertainment to follow.
      We will plan to provide hotdogs and have a potluck for sides and
      desserts. We will need to find some entertainment.

      3) Timeline: We will work a booth at the Hometown Festival on
      Saturday, August 25. We will talk have a flyer prepared and to
      people who are interested. We should probably have a sign-up sheet
      for people who may be interested in planning the event and going
      door-to-door. We may also want to have a place for people to write
      down ideas for what they want from the association. We will go door-
      to-door with the flyers sometime between 8/25 and 9/8 (if we go with
      the 9/8 date). We still need to figure out at what times we will
      work the booth.

      4) Boundaries: Eastern-Schoolcraft, Northern-South Holt Road,
      Western-Elm, Southern-North Sycamore. We decided our intent is not
      be exclusive. These seem to be the natural boundaries of the
      neighborhood based on architecture and history. We are open to
      discussions regarding the geographic scope of the association.

      5) Flyer: We will produce a flyer to be handed out at the Hometown
      Festival as well as during our door-to-door campaign. One side will
      advertise the event, the second side will include ideas and talking
      points. Terry Trottier is working on the flyer.

      6) Motto and Symbol: Terry Trottier came up with a vision
      statement that highlights community ties to clarify that our intent
      is not to come up with rules for the neighborhood. Evan and Kara
      Hope have designed a logo and caption.
    • Amy Lynn Dennis
      greg writes: September 8 works fine for us too...we don t have any other plans. When the flyer is done, we don t mind going door to door to pass them out. Let
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        greg writes:
        September 8 works fine for us too...we don't have any other plans. When the
        flyer is done, we don't mind going door to door to pass them out. Let us
        know about the booth at the hometown fest. We will be celebrating our son's
        birthday that day, but wouldn't mind helping out for a while.
        Thanks,
        Chris and Amy Dennis

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have pasted my informal minutes below and saved them as a file
        > through the yahoo groups site. How about September 8 for the
        > event?
        >
        > Greg
        >
        > Tree Streets Neighborhood Association
        > Informal Minutes
        > July 24, 2007
        > 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
        > Sycamore Elementary Playground
        >
        > Attendees: Terry and Mark Trottier, Evan and Kara Hope, Greg and
        > Sally Talberg, Chris and Amy ? (sorry)
        >
        > The above individuals met in order to move forward with the
        > formation of a neighborhood association for the Tree Streets.
        >
        > 1) (From the first meeting) Purpose: We shared ideas regarding
        > what purpose a neighborhood association might serve for the Tree
        > Streets. Ideas included
        > • Establish, preserve, and build on the historic significance
        > of the Tree Streets to Holt
        > • Enhance connections to the community through holiday events
        > and activities (e.g. Halloween pre-party, holiday luminaries,
        > participation in parades)
        > • Plan events that bring people together (e.g. cook-outs,
        > concerts)
        > • Establish a newsletter that provides information about
        > neighborhood events, activities, and concerns
        > • Create a network of support for people in need, particularly
        > the elderly
        >
        > 2) The Event: We will have an event at the Veteran's Memorial
        > Gardens in September. I propose Saturday, September 8 as the event
        > date. We will have an initial general membership meeting from 5-6
        > (location- inside or outside?), food and entertainment to follow.
        > We will plan to provide hotdogs and have a potluck for sides and
        > desserts. We will need to find some entertainment.
        >
        > 3) Timeline: We will work a booth at the Hometown Festival on
        > Saturday, August 25. We will talk have a flyer prepared and to
        > people who are interested. We should probably have a sign-up sheet
        > for people who may be interested in planning the event and going
        > door-to-door. We may also want to have a place for people to write
        > down ideas for what they want from the association. We will go door-
        > to-door with the flyers sometime between 8/25 and 9/8 (if we go with
        > the 9/8 date). We still need to figure out at what times we will
        > work the booth.
        >
        > 4) Boundaries: Eastern-Schoolcraft, Northern-South Holt Road,
        > Western-Elm, Southern-North Sycamore. We decided our intent is not
        > be exclusive. These seem to be the natural boundaries of the
        > neighborhood based on architecture and history. We are open to
        > discussions regarding the geographic scope of the association.
        >
        > 5) Flyer: We will produce a flyer to be handed out at the Hometown
        > Festival as well as during our door-to-door campaign. One side will
        > advertise the event, the second side will include ideas and talking
        > points. Terry Trottier is working on the flyer.
        >
        > 6) Motto and Symbol: Terry Trottier came up with a vision
        > statement that highlights community ties to clarify that our intent
        > is not to come up with rules for the neighborhood. Evan and Kara
        > Hope have designed a logo and caption.
        >
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.