Re: [treelesssaddles] Re: ACAVALLO

  • Natalie Eggenberger
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 1, 2009
      Thanks to the Freemax, treeless saddles were refused for use at W.A. PonyClub when assessed by the Western Australian Pony Club authorities. The judges who looked at the Freemax = Acavallo saddles were appalled by the quality or lack thereof and decided they are a serious safety hazard for horse and rider. Unfortunately they threw the baby out with the bathwater and prohibited the use of all treeless saddles from there forth in that State, they only looked at this Knockof Freeform and a Knockof Cheyenne - very unfortunate! I had no idea they were testing treeless saddles at the time.

      Like Candy I have seen the Freemax at tradeshows and if you look in the archives I sent a report about the design faults I found. That would have been close to 2 years ago now for those who want to do a search.

      The biggest equestrian wholesaler in Australia had taken the Freemax into their range only to drop them again a few months later. This company sells a lot of not so great stuff so the complaints must have been severe or they would have continued to sell them.

      In this country the Freemax costs only a fraction less than the beautiful suede Freeform Classic, so there is really no good reason to go for such an inferior product.

      Jeanne your prayers may yet be heard, will tell you more as soon as I am allowed to.

      Natalie
      Freeform and Barefoot Australia

      From: Candace L. Kahn <candy@actionriderta ck.com>

      Dear Karen and All,
          I have written about these saddles here previously.  I first saw them at the SPOGA show
      in Germany two years ago when they were introduced.
          The company copied the  Freeform and even stole part of the name - Freemax.  While
      the company is Italian, they are not manufactured in Italy and have nowhere near the
      technological advances found in the Freeform saddles.

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look.
    • chequerdsky
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 21, 2009
        Thank you so much for the info Candace,
        I will redirect my aunt to buy one from Germany as that would be the next nearest country to Italy. As a matter of fact, I am in Germany right now on my way home for Christmas and can check them out....
        Thank you so much again,
        Romina