Internship Opportunity

  • Martin Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2007
      Dear Friends and Colleges,

      The Office of Assemblymember Tony Mendoza is now taking applications
      for our Spring Internship Program. I would appreciate your help in
      getting the word out, so please forward to all who may be interested.
      Thanks!

      Best,

      Claudia Ornelas
      Field Representative
      Assemblymember Tony Mendoza
      (562) 864-5600
      claudia.ornelas@...
      ----------

      Internship Opportunities

      with the Office of

      Assemblymember Tony Mendoza

      The Internship Program offers:

      ü Exposure to state politics and careers in public service

      ü Challenging and stimulating work environment

      ü Community outreach and networking opportunities

      ü Flexible hours to accommodate school and work

      Assemblymember Tony Mendoza represents California's 56th Assembly
      District, which encompasses the cities of: Artesia, Cerritos,
      Hawaiian Gardens, Norwalk, Buena Park, Santa Fe Springs, South
      Whittier and parts of Lakewood and Whittier.

      Duties:

      Interns perform a variety of important tasks in the District Office
      that include: legislative research, constituent casework, attending
      local events, and community youth outreach.

      Requirements:

      ü Minimum GPA 2.5

      ü College student

      ü Interest in public service

      ü Students proficient in East Asian languages are encouraged to
      apply

      How to Apply:

      Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Claudia Ornelas at 12501
      E. Imperial Hwy, Suite 210; Norwalk, CA 90650, or by e-mail at
      claudia.ornelas@.... For more information go online to
      http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a56/, or call (562) 864-
      5600.

      This is an unpaid internship.