SEEKING YOUTH COORDINATORS IMMEDIATELY - PAID POSITION

  • Martin Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2006
      Hello,

      Southwest Voter Registration Education Project is currently preparing
      to start its National Youth Voter Registration Campaign. We have a
      very short period of time (by Tuesday September 5th) to hire all of
      the Youth coordinators need to make the campaign a success in
      California. Please refer this e-mail to students and other
      professors that might know of a recent graduate that was active on
      campus. Attached and below is a job description of the position.

      Thank You and I hope you can assist us,

      Martin Rodriguez
      California Field Organizer
      Southwest Voter Registration Education Project
      323-343-9299 Office

      Southwest Voter Registration Education Project is accepting resumes
      for its Youth Coordinator positions. We are looking for recent
      college/ University graduates.

      For the Youth Coordinator positions we are looking people in the
      following areas:

      In California - San Diego, Fullerton Area, Santa Ana, Coachella
      Valley,
      Riverside Area, San Bernardino Area, Ventura Area, Inland Valley
      Area, West Los Angeles/ Santa Monica Area, Carson/ Dominguez Hills
      Area, Pasadena/ Glendale, San Fernando Valley Area, East Los Angeles
      Area, Southeast Los Angeles Area, and Downtown Los Angeles Area.

      Southwest Voter Registration Education Project
      Position: Youth Field Coordinator

      Southwest Voter Registration Education Project is a non-profit, non-
      partisan organization devoted to the empowerment of the Latino
      Community. In the past couple of months the issue of immigration
      reform in this country has ignited the Latino community to organize
      itself in numbers unseen in the history of this country. The youth
      have energized the community and have been vital to the momentum of
      this movement for fair, just, and humane immigration reform. In
      order to continue the momentum and direct it into the field of civic
      engagement in the American electoral system, we created the position
      of Youth Field Coordinator.

      Duties include:

      · Organizing non-partisan voter registration projects (VREP)
      colleges.
      · Establish contacts with student organizations, student
      leaders and administrators at various campuses
      · Arrange and conduct classroom presentations at colleges and
      universities
      · Enlist the cooperation of campus administration in the non-
      partisan student projects
      · Supervise project volunteers, monitor project performance and
      provide assistance to ensure project goals are achieved.
      · Monitoring and maintaining financial reports.
      · Training project volunteers on how to conduct non-partisan
      voter registration

      Requirements:

      · Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
      · Administration skills.
      · Bilingual (Spanish)
      · Knowledge of college and high school administration of
      student activities
      · The ability to travel extensively.
      · Recent graduate with a AA,BS or BA degree.
      · Individual must have automobile, valid driver's license and
      auto insurance.
      · Experience with campus organizing

      Please e-mail your resume to Martin Rodriguez at mrodriguez@...
      or call: (323) 343-9299/ 1(800) 222-5654 for more information.