MASSACRE IN ACTEAL,CHIAPAS DEC.22,1997

  • metztli_p13
    Message 1 of 77 , Dec 17, 2001
      IN COMMEMORATION OF THE MASSACRE OF MOSTLY WOMEN
      AND CHILDREN IN ACTEAL, CHIAPAS IN 1997 <br>BY
      PARAMILITARIES FUNDED AND TRAINED BY THE PRI, <br><br>join us
      for an evening of danza mexika, <br>music by CIHUATL
      TONALI, SUBSISTENCIA and more, <br>a teatro performance
      about the massacre, <br>and a video w/ testimonies of
      the massacre on <br><br>saturday, december 22, 2001 @
      4:00PM<br>@ galeria coyolxauqui<br>4100 city terrace
      drive<br>(off the 10 fwy, x-street MILLER)<br>for more info
      call 323.264.0504<br><br>presented by Colectiva de
      Aceteal, Comite Pro-Democracia, LAIPA, Aztlan Media
      IN COMMERATION OF THE MASSACRE IN
      the MEXICAN CONSULATE<br>located @ 6th/Park View in
      front to MacArthur Park
    • saborsmanager
      Message 77 of 77 , Mar 6, 2002
        HAHAHA....!!!! great story....!!!! Yeah I
        agree.... Quetzal was off tha hook....!!! <br>They simply
        TORE IT UP....!!!! Marta's vocals gave me goose
        bumps.... all the musicians were incredible....!! They are
        the front runner for the 2002 Grammy for Best Latin
        Rock/Alternative Performance..... but why stop there.... how about
        Best Female vocals.... Best New Artist.... best Album
        of the year.....???!!! We should not be limited to
        this narrow little category.... but that's another
        story.....<br><br>The equipment was all mine and Peter Franco who mixes
        many of the Sunday shows at Universal Citywalk did the
        mixing.... assistant engineer was Ernesto Molina from East
        LA Sabor Factory.<br><br>If there are any other
        stories out there about how the Quetzal live performance
        saved your life or you car.... drop a line on this
        message board.<br><br>oh and yesterday when I turned into
        my alter-ego ROCKETMAN, I bowled my best series to
        date my first game was 224, then i bowled a 233, then
        i bowled a 208....!!! three 200 games in a row for
        a 665 series... woo hoo.... needless to say our
        team won all 4 points for that
        nite.....!!!!<br><br>Mark "Rocketman" Torres