Elders Gathering is Here

  • rojo amanecer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      Greetings,

      I just wanted to do a last minute reminder that the 9th Annual Many Winters Gathering of Elders Ceremony is starting this Thursday Oct. 7th and going to Sunday Oct.10th (4 days) at the Angels Gate Cultural Center, 3601 S. Gaffey St., San Pedro, CA. The daily times for the public are from 11am to 5pm. If you are not familiar with the Gathering, allow me take a moment to inform you of this very sacred event.

      Our council has invited traditional Native Elders from throughout "Turtle Island" (Las Americas) to come share ceremonies, prayers, and teachings with us for four days. The Gathering will include a sacred fire, a speaking circle in the arbor, sunrise ceremony and daily inipi lodges. Additionally, the Iron Circle will hold educational, cultural, and spiritual events for children and adults of the Native American community, many of which will be open to the public.

      Furthermore, a primary function of the Gathering is to foster greater understanding of traditional Indigenous Peoples values and spiritual beliefs. Likewise, It is to demonstrate to American society and the International Community that the Original Peoples of the Western Hemisphere have survived and that our traditional values that mark our existence remain.

      All are welcome and invited. I hope you can make it. If you need more info call

      (323) 377-3523.

      Tlasokamati (Thank You Very Much),

      Emiliano Martinez