Travel Tips For Aztlan Fundraiser

  • saborsmanager
    Message 1 of 77 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hey everybody..... KPFK is doing its Fall
      Fundrive and Travel Tips For Aztlan wiil be fundraising
      ONE DAY ONLY This Saturday, 11-3-20001.<br>Travel
      Tips For Aztlan has been on the air since 1995 partly
      because it has provided a platform for then unknown bands
      in our scene to have an opportunity to show LA and
      the world the rich talent of our people that have
      been largly ignored. It has given the first radio
      exposure to bands as diverse as Ozomatli, Yeska, Quetzal,
      Voodoo Glow Skulls, Lysa Flores, Quinto Sol, East LA
      Sabor Factory, Aztlan Underground, The Blues
      Experiment, The Nortec Collective, Puya, Ollin, Very Be
      Careful, Slowrider, Las Quince Letras, Los Olvidados,
      Pastilla and countless others...... <br><br>As it turns
      out.... Travel Tips For Aztlan has also been succesful
      because this program has it's finger on the pulse of one
      of the most exciting and increasingly popular music
      scenes in the world...!!!!<br><br>I am very happy and
      proud to be a part of the bands' success. This type of
      success helps our communities in many ways. It breaks
      down stereotypes... bridges gaps and creates
      understanding between communities, creates opportunities for
      our youth, etc.....<br><br>Now for the business.....
      raising $2500.00 in 2 hours. This is not as difficult as
      it seems.... to do this I will be offering a Travel
      Tips pack of 5 CD's for $150.00 In addition to the 5
      cd's.... So to reach our goal, only 15 people need to
      donate $150.00 to KPFK for Travel Tips For Aztlan to
      reach it's goal....<br>As an added BONUS..... for those
      paying by credit card.... I am offering a pair of
      tickets to the Nortec Collective show November 26th, 2001
      at the El Rey Theatre featuring the ENTIRE
      collective performing..... AND I will be throwing in for
      free a special Nortec compilation CD created
      EXCLUSIVELY for Travel Tips For Aztlan. <br><br>So in a city
      of millions... we should be able to do this.... tell
      family and friends... spread the word.... and muchisimas
      gracias for your continued listernship, love and
      support...!!!!<br><br>Mark Torres
    • saborsmanager
      Message 77 of 77 , Mar 6, 2002
        HAHAHA....!!!! great story....!!!! Yeah I
        agree.... Quetzal was off tha hook....!!! <br>They simply
        TORE IT UP....!!!! Marta's vocals gave me goose
        bumps.... all the musicians were incredible....!! They are
        the front runner for the 2002 Grammy for Best Latin
        Rock/Alternative Performance..... but why stop there.... how about
        Best Female vocals.... Best New Artist.... best Album
        of the year.....???!!! We should not be limited to
        this narrow little category.... but that's another
        story.....<br><br>The equipment was all mine and Peter Franco who mixes
        many of the Sunday shows at Universal Citywalk did the
        mixing.... assistant engineer was Ernesto Molina from East
        LA Sabor Factory.<br><br>If there are any other
        stories out there about how the Quetzal live performance
        saved your life or you car.... drop a line on this
        message board.<br><br>oh and yesterday when I turned into
        my alter-ego ROCKETMAN, I bowled my best series to
        date my first game was 224, then i bowled a 233, then
        i bowled a 208....!!! three 200 games in a row for
        a 665 series... woo hoo.... needless to say our
        team won all 4 points for that
        nite.....!!!!<br><br>Mark "Rocketman" Torres