Sherman Austin Benefit w/ Zack De La Rocha on Sat Aug 30!

  • sirena6262@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003
      BENEFIT SHOW FOR SHERMAN AUSTIN !!!

      When: SATURDAY AUGUST 30, 2003
      Time: 5:00 PM
      Where: Che Café in San Diego
      PRICE: $6.00
      (Extra Donations Welcome)

      Guest Speaker: ZACK DE LA ROCHA FROM RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE !!!

      More info: contact Chantel or Lupe at <A HREF="mailto:liveiranlive@...">liveiranlive@...</A>
      OR voicemail 949-436-1188

      On September 3rd of 2003 Sherman Austin of <A HREF="http://www.raisethefist.com/">www.raisethefist.com</A> must turn
      himself in at the MDC Federal Jail in Downtown LA. He will serve a sentence of 1
      year, 3 years strict probation with restricted computer use as well as other
      harsh restrictions for having an "illegal link" on his site. He was also fined
      $2,100 retribution taxes. The brotha needs help paying off the fine, so on
      August 30th we'll be having a going away benefit show for him to raise funds.
      We'll also throw more shows for Sherman until his fines and legal expenses are
      paid off and any money raised over the amount needed will go to other political
      prisoners. We'd like anyone that wants to support Sherman and other political
      prisoners to attend this event or/and pass out info about his case and
      upcoming events for him.

      Hardcore, Hip Hop, Punk, and Spoken word performances will highlight a night
      of  ideals, ideas, music, and mayhem. Sherman Austin and his friends will
      share their thoughts with the crowd, with special guest Zack De La Rocha from Rage
      Against The Machine. The night will be a celebration - Zack, Sherman, and his
      friends, will reflect on their experiences with oppression, so come to relax,
      party, and show your solidarity with every falsely accused victim of the
      state. Remember, this isn't just about fantastic music, fantastic people, it's
      about making the world a better place. It's about resistance and fighting for the
      world we deserve to live in. It's about doing whatever is necessary to resist
      this system no matter how repressive it might be. The more we are under
      attack, the more we will continue to intensify our struggle, and the more we will
      fight until the machine is put to rest. An injury to one is an injury to all.
      They may have been able to lock Sherman up, but hundreds, thousands, millions
      more are ready to take his place and continue fighting even stronger.

      When: SATURDAY AUGUST 30, 2003
      Time: 5:00 PM
      Where: Che Café in San Diego
      PRICE: $6.00
      (Extra Donations Welcome)

      CONFIRMED BANDS
      ~> Death to W
      ~> Yellow Republic
      ~>  Fight Club
      ~>  Saber Tooth Tiger
      ~>  OneWordSolution
      ~>  Cuauhtemoc
      ~>  Hip Hop Orchestra

      AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

      For more info about benefit show and Sherman Austin’s case, or to help out
      with legal support please be sure to contact Chantel or Lupe at <A HREF="mailto:liveiranlive@...">
      liveiranlive@...</A>  OR Voicemail at 949-436-1188

      To learn more about Sherman Austin and his case please check out <A HREF="http://www.raisethefist.com/">
      http://www.raisethefist.com</A> OR <A HREF="http://www.la.indymedia.org/">http://www.la.indymedia.org</A>

      DIRECTIONS TO CHE CAFÉ
      the Che Cafe website is <A HREF="http://checafe.ucsd.edu/">http://checafe.ucsd.edu</A>
      Directions are Get on Interstate 5.
      Go towards La Jolla (north of San Diego, south of everywhere else)
      Exit La Jolla Village Drive. Go west on La Jolla Village Drive.
      Go past Villa La Jolla Drive (where the gas station is) Immediately after
      Villa La Jolla Drive is an Off-Ramp on to Gilman Drive. (on the right) Take this
      off-ramp.
      Turn right at the stop sign at the end of the ramp. (you will now be going
      north on Gilman Drive) Make a left at the first stop sign on to Scholar's Drive.
      (when you make this turn, there will be an Information booth on your right)
      The Ché Café is the mural-covered building on your left about 200 feet ahead.

      HELP OUT BY PROMOTING THIS EVENT! PASS OUT FLYERS & POST EVERYWHERE ONLINE!

      "The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away.
      You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you
      assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you
      resist is the degree to which you are free..."

      MaRiSoL