Re: just a couple of thoughts...

  • zenlife1
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2003
      Did you go to the mass protest in Jan.? I had that quote on my sign,
      it read "We can't bomb our towards peace!".

      Peace!
      --- In traveltipsforaztlan@yahoogroups.com, vixenskarma
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > *We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace.*
      >
      > *You are a victim of the rules you live by*
      >
      > these aren't my own quotes or anything- I read them a while back
      > (don't ask me where) but I thought I'd share them w/ the ttfa group.
      >
      > paz,
      > letty
    • Bardo Martinez
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > *We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace.*
        >
        > *You are a victim of the rules you live by*
        >
        > these aren't my own quotes or anything- I read them a while back
        > (don't ask me where) but I thought I'd share them w/ the ttfa group.
        >
        > paz,
        > letty

        I was inspired by the massive protest in LA on Janaury 11th, people from all walks of life were there: older generation peace activists from the sixties, the Brown Berets,ANSWER, families with their kids, high school and college students,communists, musicians,anarchists, lawyers,pacifists,teachers, and the list goes on indefinately. The opposition to this war is enourmous yet our screaming roar is silenced by the corporate media's decision to ignore us. The ignorance of the media will not deter us from marching in our streets and neighborhoods protesting genocide. See you guys at the LA rally on Saturday the 15th. PEACE!!!

        Bardo Martinez

      • vixenskarma
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 16, 2003
          hi Bardo! unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the protest in Jan.
          but I did go to yesterdays in Hollywood! Hope you were in the
          multitude!

          --- In traveltipsforaztlan@yahoogroups.com, Bardo Martinez

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 21, 2003
            What's up Vixenskarma,unfortunately I did'nt go to that rally in hollywood but i joined a small but furious crowd in Downey protesting police brutality in general and the slaughter of two ladito youths by police. The details of their murders are rather gruesome, Gonzalo Martinez was shot 40 or more times in a routine traffic incident last year. Last month Javier Quezada Jr. a person who was to organize a gig for the benefit on behalf of Gonzalo Martinez was gunned down be the police as well. It all comes together, when this government runs amuck enslaving and murdering peoples around the world for the corporations "in which it stands", it gives itself the permision to place a muzzle over the mouths of the populace. PEACE!! Bardo Martinez

          • vixenskarma
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 21, 2003
              hey hey!! yeah, I heard about that furious (w/ reason!)crowd in
              Downey- How'd that turn out?
              ZEN!!--> I know you'd asked me about the jan protest.. and I got a
              little mixed up there! jaja.. did you go? I got a couple of pics
              from the 15th so maybe I'll post a couple on the site.. once I
              actually go develop them- geez what a procrastinator, I know! But in
              the meantime--> everyone go to juguetes upcoming shows for a ggrreatt
              time! right jose!?