- Transportation Communications Newsletter Tuesday, March 1, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057 ________________________________ U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHoodMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 1 3:00 PMView Source
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell to Address IBTTA Legislative Conference – March 7-8, Washington, DC
The interest in new business approaches from all-electronic tolling to distance-based road charging will require new relationships and collaboration as well as new legislative and regulatory support. Attend IBTTA’s Legislative Conference to better understand and influence federal and state policymaking. Delegates will have the opportunity to visit with members of Congress during a reception at the U.S. Capitol. Visit www.IBTTA.org to view the program and register. To view IBTTA’s entire 2011 Education Series, click here.
1) Turkish Civil Aviation Authority Seeks Better English Skills for Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers
Link to article in the Hürriyet Daily News:
2) Inside the Busy, Stressful World of Air Traffic Control
Link to article in The Atlantic:
3) Air Traffic Control: How It Started and Where It's Headed
Link to article on AOL Travel:
4) Airport Resilience and Preparedness
Airports and airlines need to prepare for high-stress situations, including having a communications plan.
Link to blog on Reuters:
5) Google Creeps Deeper with Street View Trikes
Link to column and video on CNET News:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Live Traffic Updates Coming to iGo My Way
Link to article in Macworld:
7) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – March 2011
Link to newsletter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Salem, Oregon Seeks Better Communication Tools
Graduate students look for ways to increase civic engagement.
Link to article in the Statesman Journal:
9) Improving US DOT Project Delivery and Planning Through Outreach and Guidance to Tribes
Link to article in Successes in Stewardship:
10) Transgender Riders Want SEPTA to Drop Gender Designation on Passes
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
11) Citroën Launches Door-to-Door Travel Search Web Site
Link to article on Tnooz:
Shipping 2011 – March 21-23 – Stamford, Connecticut
Today in Transportation History
1936 **75th anniversary** A strike began on the ocean liner, SS California. The strike led to the end of the International Seamen's Union and the creation of the National Maritime Union.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at bernie@....
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at bernie@....
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net