Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 1, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Boeing, IBM Create Real-Time Aviation Analysis System
Link to blog on ZDNet:
2) Integration of Current Implementation Efforts with Long-Term Planning for the Next Generation Air Transportation System
Link to report from the US Government Accountability Office:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Canadian Man Ends Up Behind Bars Following GPS Directions
Link to article in the Sun Journal:
4) South African Transport Ministry Roots for Installation of GPS Gadgets on All Cars
Link to article in Business Daily:
5) Latest Issue of Intellimotion Online
Includes articles on transit traveler information tool, BRT assessment, and automated platoon testing.
Link to newsletter:
6) ExpressPark Aims to Give Smarts to Downtown Los Angeles' Parking Spots
Link to article on blogdowntown.com:
7) Russian Railway to Test Ticket Payments by NFC-Enabled Mobile Phones
Link to article on cellular-news:
8) US Transportation Secretary Backs Away from Street Sign Regulation
Link to AP article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Survey: Texting While Driving Getting Worse in Texas
Link to AP article:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Delhi has to Wait for Smart Traffic System
Link to article in the Hindustan Times:
11) 'Don't Tread on Me' License Plates Become a Growing Trend in the US
Link to story on Fox News:
12) Europe vs. America: Which Will Win the Battle for In-Car Wi-Fi?
Link to article on Social Car News:
Passenger Terminal Expo 2011 – March 29-31 – Copenhagen
Today in Transportation History
1955 **55th anniversary** Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a Montgomery, Alabama bus to a white male passenger triggering a bus boycott.
1960 **50th anniversary** Korabl-Sputnik 3 (aka Sputnik 6) was launched by the USSR. The spacecraft carried two dogs which died on re-entry.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at bernie@....
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at bernie@....
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net