Thursday, September 30, 2010
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, September 30, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA's Operating and Maintaining Your Toll Facility Meeting -- October 3-5, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
Join IBTTA Delegates for the final meeting of IBTTA's 2010 Education Series: “Operating and Maintaining Your Toll Facility – Where the Rubber Meets the Road," October 3-5 in Raleigh, North Carolina. We’ll explore how engineering, design, maintenance, operations, and security roles have come together to address the challenges of operating modern, sustainable, technologically advanced and economically viable toll facilities. View the preliminary agenda, make your hotel reservations at the Raleigh Marriott City Center and register today! www.ibtta.org
1) Ohio Airport Allows Travelers to Book Flights on Facebook
Link to story and video on WJW-TV:
2) Audit: Los Angeles' Red Light Cams Cost More than They Bring In
Link to article in the Contra Costa Times:
3) FAA Attorney/Blogger Says He was Fired for Not 'Breaking the Law'
Link to blog in The Examiner:
4) Norway Rolls Along with Internet on Trains
Link to article in The Foreigner:
5) Illinois Rail Groups Finding More Ways to Stress Safety
Link to article in the Daily Herald:
6) US Cities with the Worst Traffic Nightmares
A new study shakes the foundations of how Americans judge traffic.
Link to story and video on ABC News' World News Tonight:
7) TomTom Unveils Traffic Manifesto
Link to article on ITProPortal:
8) New Yorkers Outraged as Bureaucrats Order City to Change Lettering on Every Single Street Sign
Link to article in the Daily News:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) StartTalking Lets Drivers Send Texts by Voice
Link to article in USA Today:
10) Improving Public Safety Communications in the 800 MHz Band
Link to notice, report and ruling from the Federal Communications Commission:
11) New Malaysian Transport Hub Will Use Advanced Electronic System
Link to article and video in The Star:
Webinar: Navigation 3.0 – Where Next? – October 19
Today in Transportation History
1935 **75th anniversary** Boulder Dam, renamed Hoover Dam, was dedicated by President Franklin Roosevelt. The dam carries US Route 93 across the Colorado River between Nevada and Arizona.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at bernie@....
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at bernie@....
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net