Thursday, July 1, 2010
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, July 1, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) In-Flight Wireless Revenue Set to Surge, Report Says
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
2) ADS-B Products Hitting the Market
Link to article in Avionics Intelligence:
3) Eurocontrol Contracts with Egis Avia to Study Solar Weather Effects on Europe's Air Safety
Link to article in Inside GNSS:
4) Air Traffic Control Goes Into Orbit
US retires radar for satellites, but airlines will need costly cockpit upgrades.
Link to article on MarketWatch:
5) Congressional Hearing Held on Use of Red Light Cameras
Link to story and video on WTTG-TV:
6) Judge Throws Out Challenge to Metrolink Cameras that Monitor Engineers
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
7) Red Light Camera Company Sues Louisiana Parish
Link to story and video on WWL-TV:
8) RiverNotes: Live Blogs from Vessels on Mississippi and Illinois Rivers
Link to further information on Maritime Professional:
9) ERTICO Interviews Five Participants at the ERTICO Forum
Link to interviews from ERTICO - ITS Europe:
10) Radio Remembers Veteran Traffic Reporters Marty Ambrose of Houston and Paul Johnson of Los Angeles
Link to article on Radio-Info.com:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
11) Fighting the Traffic Tide
Teens volunteering for the Cambodian Red Cross do their part to calm the chaos that prevails on the streets of Phnom Penh.
Link to article in The Phnom Penh Post:
12) Amtrak Targets LBGT Passengers with First-Ever Ad Campaign Targeted in that Demographic
Link to article in The Daily Caller:
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) Lobbying Documents Shows Pitch for Clients to Fight Against Distracted Driving
Link to column in The Washington Post:
14) Can You Rob Me, er, Hear Me Now?
Has the expansion of cell service in the Boston subways led to an increase of smartphone thefts?
Link to blog in the Boston Herald:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Singapore Plans to Fight Road Congestion with Satellites
Link to IDG News article:
16) Drivers Get Touchy with MyFord Vehicle Controls
Link to article in Metro Calgary:
17) Ford Gets in Sync with Pandora
Link to article in Radio World:
APWA International Public Works Congress & Exposition – August 15-18 – Boston
Today in Transportation History
2000 **10th anniversary** The Øresund Bridge, connecting Sweden and Denmark, opened to traffic.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at bernie@....
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at bernie@....
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net