- Transportation Communications Newsletter Friday, October 30, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057 ________________________________ AVIATION 1) Cockpit Distractions GoMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009View Source
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 30, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Cockpit Distractions Go Beyond Laptops
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Camera Upgrade on Washington State’s Snoqualmie Pass a Boon for Nighttime Weather Monitoring
Link to article in The Ritzville Adams County Journal:
Link to cameras: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/snoqualmie/default.aspx
3) IT Should be Included in Copenhagen Agreement, Says UN Agency
Technology, including ITS, should be seen as key to reducing emissions in any successor to the Kyoto Protocol.
Link to article in Computing:
Link to news release from the International Telecommunication Union:
4) Illinois Tollway Board Meetings to be Available via Webcasts
Link to article on Chicago Breaking News:
5) IEEE ITS Society Newsletter – October Issue
Link to newsletter:
6) Amtrak Plans Wi-Fi Internet Access on Acela Trains
Link to Bloomberg article:
7) Live Twitter Feed of Bay Bridge Discussion
Link to article and feed in The Record:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Wyoming DOT Command Center Works Around the Clock
Link to story and video on KGWN-TV:
9) Live Traffic Updates Benefit Cayman Motorists
Link to article on Cayman Net News:
10) Chrysler Offers Live TV Service
Link to AP article:
Network of Excellence for Advanced Road Traffic Management in the Information Society (NEARCTIS) Workshop – November 13 – London
It’s almost Halloween…here are a few streets you might not want to trick-or-treat on.
Today in Transportation History
1929 **80th anniversary** - The Standseilbahn, a funicular railway in Stuttgart, Germany, opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: i95berniew@...
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-unsubscribe@...
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast