Friday, May 1, 2009
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 1, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Make Reporting of Bird Strike Data Mandatory
Link to editorial in Newsday:
2) Privacy, Cameras and Roadways
Link to story on Drivers .com:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) GPS Evidence Too Unreliable for Legal Purposes
Link to story in InformationWeek:
4) US Department of Transportation Releases Civil Monitoring Performance Document
Link to story in GPS World:
5) Cloud Computing Could Help Agencies Track Stimulus Funds
Link to story on Nextgov:
6) Delaware DOT’s Diversity Coaching Backfires
Newsletter lists slurs, insults and stereotypes that shouldn’t be used in workplace.
Link to story in The News Journal:
7) Coordinating, Planning and Managing the Effects of Roadway Construction with Technology
Link to information from US DOT:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) South Dakota Drivers Sign Up for Sobriety Alerts
Link to story in USA Today:
Link to Act Civilized: http://www.actcivilized.com/
9) New Direction for San Diego-Area Transit System
Compass cards replacing paper passes with plastic.
Link to story in The San Diego Union-Tribune:
10) King County Metro Transit Develops New Tools to Keep You in the Loop
Link to story in the Auburn Reporter:
11) New Generation of Cars are ‘ Mobile High-Tech Platforms’
Link to story in Engineering News:
ACI-NA Small Airports Conference – July 16-17 – St. Louis
Don’t expect to see these cars in the mall parking lot anytime soon.
Today in Transportation History
1999 **10th anniversary** - Liberty Bell 7, the space capsule flown by Gus Grissom in 1961, was found on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean .
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-subscribe@...
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-unsubscribe@...
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast