Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1) Safety Program Stalled at Three Airlines
Link to story in The Washington Post:
Link to additional information on the Aviation Safety Action Program:
2) The Future of In-Flight Internet
Link to column in USA Today:
Link to additional information on Row 44: http://www.row44.com/
3) Who Needs GPS? Barnegat Lighthouse to Shine Again After 82 Years
Link to story in The Press of Atlantic City:
4) Pedestrians 2008
Paper topics include accessible pedestrian signals for blind pedestrians at complex intersections and detectable warnings for visually impaired pedestrians.
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
5) Toll Express Lanes Ease Traffic on Urban Highways
Link to AP story:
6) San Francisco’s Autonet Sells In-Vehicle Internet Access as a Subscription
Link to story in the San Francisco Business Journal:
Link to Autonet’s site: http://www.autonetmobile.com/
7) Ditching Car OK with Net Transit Planners
Link to Associated Press review:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Smart-Road Plans to Go Forward in 2009 in Houma , Louisiana
Link to story in the Daily Comet:
9) New Total Traffic Network Web Site Debuts
Link to story in Radio Ink:
Link to Total Traffic Network: http://www.totaltraffic.com/
Railway Security Forum & Expo – January 27-28 – Arlington , Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1983 **25th anniversary** - AT&T’s Bell System was dissolved.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-subscribe@...
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-unsubscribe@...
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast