Monday, June 2, 2008
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, June 2, 2008 -- ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fundraisers – Transportation Voice-overs
As an additional way to raise money to support the TCN, I also offer voice-overs. When you want to communicate a message, whether it’s promoting a service or product, informing the public, or simply greeting callers to your offices, you want to make a great impression. To do that, you need someone with expertise. Writing for the ear is different than other types of writing. Once scripted, it needs to be performed with an actor’s flair to get the most out of your message. While there are many voice-over artists, there are few who know transportation. That’s where I come in. I’ve worked in the transportation industry for over three decades and I have extensive experience using my voice in many different media, including videos, phone prompts, public address systems, PowerPoint presentations and live announcing. My clients have included the Port Authority of NY & NJ, Virginia DOT and the I-95 Corridor Coalition. To learn more, read client comments and to hear samples, please visit http://brwagenblast.googlepages.com/voice. You may also contact me at i95berniew@....
1) North Oaks, Minnesota Tells Google Maps: Keep Out – We Mean It
Link to story in the Star Tribune:
2) Alabama Puts Map Mashups to Work
Link to story in Federal Computer Week:
3) ‘English-Only’ Gets a Hard Look in Iowa
Iowa DOT says they must continue to print official meeting notices in Spanish in some communities due to federal law.
Link to story in The Des Moines Register:
4) Offbeat Guides: Build Your Own Travel Books
Link to story on Webware:
5) Tracking System to Trail Indian Railways Trains
Link to story in the Financial Express:
6) PrePass Saving Truckers Time and Money
Link to story and video report on KSL-TV:
Link to additional information on PrePass: http://www.prepass.com
7) Wi-Fi Use Soars at Vermont Interstate Visitor Centers
Link to story in The Burlington Free Press:
8) Color Effectiveness of Yellow Pavement Marking Materials
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
http://www.trb.org/news/blurb_detail.asp?id=8795 (full report)
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Transformers Shirt Gets Jet Ban at Heathrow
T-shirt shows character carrying cartoon gun.
Link to story in The Sun:
10) Smart Money is on Opus
Memorable name essential for Montreal-area public transit smart card.
Link to story in The Gazette:
11) Phased Launch for Dutch Transport Smart Card
Link to story on DutchNews.nl:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Republic of China Ministry of Transportation and Communications to Launch Advanced Traffic System by Year-End
Link to story in the Taipei Times:
13) Mississippi DOT Giving Drivers New Way to Get the Message
Installation of message signs part of a larger ITS effort.
Link to story in The Clarion-Ledger:
14) Use of ITS on the Motorring 3 in Copenhagen
Link to article in Nordic:
15) Technology Will Keep You Moving in San Francisco
Link to story in The Examiner:
Link to additional information on SFgo: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/ogo/indxsfgo.htm
16) MIT Creating a Car that Helps Drivers Make Decisions
Link to story in The Boston Globe:
4th International Conference on Traffic & Transport Psychology – August 31-September 4 – Washington , DC
Today in Transportation History
1966 – Surveyor 1 landed on the Moon.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-subscribe@...
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNL-unsubscribe@...
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast