Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 ISSN 1529-1057
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Based on suggestions Ive received Im going to try something new starting with this issue. Youll notice categories added to the newsletter. While Ive always tried to make the TCN
easy to scan this will hopefully make it even easier. Not all categories will be included in every issue; the categories will depend on the stories included. The categories will be in alphabetical order. Often stories cross categories so I encourage you to still scan all the headlines to see if something of interest might have landed in a different area. I welcome your feedback on this change and whether it improves the TCN from your perspective.
1) NASA Releases Air Safety Study
Link to AP story:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Google Puts New Zealand on the World Wide Maps
Company is filming roadways for Street View program.
Link to story in The New Zealand Herald:
3) Russia Starts Selling GPS-Glonass Navigator
Link to Itar-Tass story:
4) Howard County , Maryland Residents Can Track Snowplows
Link to story in The Baltimore Sun:
SECURITY / PRIVACY
5) Electronic Passports Raise Privacy Issues
Link to story in The Washington Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
6) Why Colorado DOT Decided to Close Interstate 70
Agency monitors conditions from traffic operations center.
Link to story and video report on KUSA-TV:
7) Chief Minister Favors Improving
Lahore Traffic Management System
Link to Associated Press of Pakistan story:
8) CCTV Cameras to be Use as New Parking Police in Sussex , UK
Starting in April cameras will be used to automatically enforce parking violations.
Link to story in The Argus:
9) Delhi Traffic Police Helpline Number Invalid
Link to story in The Times of India:
10) Inside the Tokyo Traffic Control Center
Link to story on CScout Japan :
11) Voice of Traffic Reports Calls In
A profile of Gainesville , Florida traffic reporter Bob Albert.
Link to story in The Gainesville Sun:
APTA Fare Collection Workshop March 30-April 3 Boston
Today in Transportation History
1948 **60th anniversary** - British Rail
is created through the nationalization of four large railway companies.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2008 Bernie Wagenblast
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.