Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Nissan Pairs with Beijing on System to Avoid Jams
story in The Wall Street Journal:
2) UK Launches CO2 Car Rankings Web Site
Link to story on CNET News:
3) After Accident, Who Alerts Kin?
Link to story in The Baltimore Sun:
4) Portable Traffic Lights Make Work Zone Traffic Safer
Link to story and video
report on WRAL-TV:
5) Tacoma, Washington Tries Classical Music to Chase Gangs from Bus Stops
Link to AP story:
6) Program Encourages Youth to Talk up Traffic Safety
Link to story and audio report on Missourinet:
7) New Transit Name, Logo Hoped to Increase Bus Ridership in Marin County , California
8) Real-Time Traffic Broadcasts to Navigation Devices to Debut in Australia
Link to story in GPS Business News:
9) Delphis New GPS Adds Restaurant Reviews
Link to story in PC Magazine:
Link to news release from Delphi :
1) Michigan DOT Launches ITS Web Site
2) Dadnab Announces New York , New Jersey , Connecticut Transit Information via Text Messages
3) Inrix Real-Time Traffic Now Available on Over 75 Navigation and Mobile Devices
4) Wireless Connectivity to the Automobile is Hindered by Lack of Standards and Interoperability
East Coast Maritime Conference September 24-25 Virginia Beach , Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1987 **20th anniversary** The Detroit People Mover opens.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at i95berniew@....
© 2007 Bernie Wagenblast
Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels
with Yahoo! FareChase.