Tuesday, November 1, 2005
Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, November 1, 2005 -- ISSN 1529-1057
1) Better Intell, Info Sharing Top Transportation Security Wish Lists
Link to story on FCW.com:
2) Ford to Debut Pickup with Mobile Office
Link to AP story:
Link to news release from Ford:
3) Los Angeles Red-Light Cameras Come to a Full Stop
Candid councilman says they were turned off in June and may remain shuttered till 2006.
Link to story in the Los Angeles Times:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-redlight1nov01,1,903813.story?coll=la-headlines-california (free registration required)
4) Check-In Kiosks Rapidly Replace Human Touch
Link to story from The Indianapolis Star:
5) JR Wests New Automatic Train Stop System Has Flaws That Would Not Slow Speeding Trains
Link to Kyodo News story:
6) Passengers Check E-mail for Chicago Airport Parking Information
Link to story from the Chicago Tribune:
Link to news release from the City of Chicago Aviation Department:
7) Federal Aviation Administration Initiates Cost Study of Nationwide ADS-B
Link to story in Aviation International News:
8) Illuminating Road Hazards That Lurk Beyond Lights
Link to story in The New York Times:
9) Airlines Try to Make Internet Work for Them
Link to story in USA Today:
10) US Government Creates Pandemic Flu Web Site
Section deals specifically with travel and transportation.
Link to site from the US Department of Health & Human Services:
11) Florida DOT Has Urgent Need for Signal Crews in Hurricane Hit Areas
Link to notice from the Florida Department of Transportation:
1) Sweden Goes High-Tech in Transportation Safety Solutions
I-95 Corridor Coalition Annual Meeting December 13-14 Saratoga Springs, New York
Today in Transportation History
1859 The present lighthouse at Cape Lookout , North Carolina is lit for the first time.
More links for traffic and transportation: http://www.trafficlinq.com
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
For a free subscription please send an e-mail message to:
To unsubscribe please send a message to:
TCN homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast, at i95berniew@...
© 2005 Bernie Wagenblast
Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.