[transport-communications] Cell Antennae on Sign Supports

  • George Saylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 1998
      Does anyone have experience with mounting cellular antennae on interstate
      overhead sign support structures? These sign supports typically carry large
      route guidance sign displays on a box truss. The antennae would be mounted
      vertically on one of the vertical supports.

      George W. Saylor, P.E.
      Ohio DOT
      Office of Traffic Engineering
      614.752.8099 Fax: 614.644.8199
      E-mail: gesaylor@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 1998
        George Saylor wrote:

        GS> Does anyone have experience with mounting cellular antennae on
        GS> interstate overhead sign support structures? These sign...

        I know of two such installations:

        In Bergen County, New Jersey on State Route 17.
        In Nassau County, New York on I-495 (Long Island Expressway).

        The NJ site has a box truss; the NY site has a triangular truss.

        The roadways are the domains of NJDOT and NYSDOT, respectively.

        Try:
        http://www.state.nj.us/transportation
        http://www.dot.state.ny.us/

        I hope this helps.

        Sincerely,

        Michael Keen
        mkeen@...
        Repeat-O-Type Mfg. Corp. Phone: (973) 696-3330
        665 State Highway 23 Fax: (973) 694-7287
        Wayne, NJ 07470-6892 http://www.repeatotype.com