[transmonde] Failing Hard Drive...

  • Larry Latson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2000
      Hello all,
      My Vivante SE's 4GB hard drive is starting to fail.
      I purchased the extended 2 year warranty, and I'm
      wondering how to go about getting it fixed. Does
      anybody have the URL for the company that handles
      repairs now?

      Also, has anyone had them do repairs? How did the
      process go?

      Thanks for the help,
      LL
      --
      Larry Latson, Jr.
      lal9@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2000
        My Vivante SE's 4GB hard drive is starting to fail.

        Also, has anyone had them do repairs? How did the process go?

        It might be small consolation, but that's a standard notebook drive, if you
        can't get anything out of ASE.

        -Kenny
      • George Comstock
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2000
          Larry-

          The url is http://www.aseusa.com, and btw, you can only access their website
          with Internet Explorer (for some reason Netscape won't work!). I have sent
          them a couple emails with questions about repairs, and never received any
          response. The website includes instructions for service, which apparently
          are strictly observed. You must print out a form, and can only fax it to
          them. Once you receive the RMA number, you must send proof of ownership and
          warranty, along with a check (no credit cards) for return shipping. As the
          other message said, the hard drive is an easy owner replacement. I had one
          fail last year, and can only suggest you back up everything RIGHT NOW,
          before it's too late. Good luck. ~Geo

          Larry Latson wrote:

          > Hello all,
          > My Vivante SE's 4GB hard drive is starting to fail.
          > I purchased the extended 2 year warranty, and I'm
          > wondering how to go about getting it fixed. Does
          > anybody have the URL for the company that handles
          > repairs now?
          >
          > Also, has anyone had them do repairs? How did the
          > process go?
          >
          > Thanks for the help,
          > LL
          > --
          > Larry Latson, Jr.
          > lal9@...
          > latsonl@...

          > Save cash today!

          > -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=transmonde&m=1
        • William D. Chase
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2000
            larry latson <latson-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/transmonde/?start=89
            > Hello all,
            > My Vivante SE's 4GB hard drive is starting to fail.
            > I purchased the extended 2 year warranty, and I'm
            > wondering how to go about getting it fixed. Does
            > anybody have the URL for the company that handles
            > repairs now?

            Check at http://www.aseusa.com//ttiwarr.html ...they say that they will
            honor warrantees or if expired will repair for a price. Contact them
            for a return authorization. Bill Chase