[transmonde] Suspend to RAM

  • Karen or Jeffrey Rice
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 1999
      I can no longer resume after suspending to RAM.  Resuming from suspend to DISK works fine.  Does anyone have any idea why?

      This is what I've already tried:
          Reinstalling windows...no luck
          FDISK and new suspend-to-disk partition and DOS partition
          Reformating HD

      After I did this it still didn't work.  So I messed around with POWER in SETUP.  Briefly I got it to work by turning off power managment.  However when I turned it back on it wouldn't resume again.  Then when I turned off the power managment (in SETUP) again, it wouldn't resume.

      Any ideas????

      At the very least, could  someone (who uses SUSPEND TO RAM) send me the POWER settings in SETUP.

      Thank you.  I would hate to have to send the computer to ASE for this.

      Jeff
      rainman@...
    • Steve Crisci
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 1999
        1. Have you checked your settings in BIOS?
        2. There was a disk that came with the laptop.  Do you still have it?  Maybe it will work.

        Steve

        I can no longer resume after suspending to RAM.  Resuming from suspend to DISK works fine.  Does anyone have any idea why?

        This is what I've already tried:
            Reinstalling windows...no luck
            FDISK and new suspend-to-disk partition and DOS partition
            Reformating HD

        After I did this it still didn't work.  So I messed around with POWER in SETUP.  Briefly I got it to work by turning off power managment.  However when I turned it back on it wouldn't resume again.  Then when I turned off the power managment (in SETUP) again, it wouldn't resume.

        Any ideas????

        At the very least, could  someone (who uses SUSPEND TO RAM) send me the POWER settings in SETUP.

        Thank you.  I would hate to have to send the computer to ASE for this.

        Jeff
        rainman@...

        Get cash for you...and you...and you...
        Get $20 for signing up, then get $10 when each of your friends do.

        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/transmonde
      • rainman@mail.mind.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 1999
          Thanks for responding Steve. I am 100% confident that the problem lies in the BIOS (starting from scratch with the OS and hard drive made no difference). The disk that Transmonde sent sets up the primary DOS partition and the non-DOS partition for the suspend-to-disk setup. I am not using the suspend-to-disk rather the suspend-to-RAM feature.

          If its not too much trouble, could you go into the BIOS setup and tell me what you have all your settings at under the POWER tab? Specifically the "customize" option if selected, the "suspend controls", and "advance CPU controls".

          Thanks so much for your help!!

          Jeff