Re: [transmonde] Last Transmonde???????

  • Marc Brughmans
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
      I sold mine 2 years ago

      marc
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Ben & Alcira McConnell" <fotlaser@...>
      To: <transmonde@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:19 PM
      Subject: [transmonde] Last Transmonde???????

      > Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
      > network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!
      >
      > Ben III
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dave Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
        I still have mine (SE model), upgraded to Windows XP - 12 Gb a few years ago. It's completely servicable, but I don't use it much any more. I  now use an HP laptop that's faster, more memory, bigger screen etc. I'd sell it (the Transmonde) with all accessories, carrying backpack etc for a few hundred $.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
          On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Ben & Alcira McConnell wrote:

          > Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
          > network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!

          I have three SE models in various condition. Two I bought
          second-hand in 2003 are my home "desktop" computers. One is fine
          except for the famous cracked hinges, and the other has a few
          odd keys and a flaky touchpad. Cracked hinges SE is my "vacation"
          laptop. My original 233 SE now has a dead keyboard, but it
          was my main mobile "laptop" unit up until just a year ago. All
          the batteries are now less than 1 hour. I thought of getting one
          or two rebuilt, but instead I bought an external battery that plugs
          into the external power jack. If I wanted to I could assemble one
          all-good SE using parts from the three of them.

          brooks
        • Justin Freeman
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
            Sadly, I sold mine this last year, and built a new one. I miss it.

            > > Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
            > > network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!
            > >
            > > Ben III
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • bkr
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
              --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, bkr <bkr@...> wrote:

              > I have three SE models in various condition.

              Vivante SE, that is... :)

              brooks
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
                I'd pressed my Vivante SE into service at an old client's in 2003- and
                it was, last I knew, still running (on AC with battery backup). Great
                old machines- the only problem I had was a cold solder joint on the
                power socket, easily fixed.

                Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
                H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (888) 454-8181
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 9, 2007
                  --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Freeman"
                  <justinfreeman@...> wrote:

                  > Sadly, I sold mine this last year, and built a new one. I miss it.

                  You built one? Do you mean that built a laptop, or just a new computer?

                  Phil
                • Justin Freeman
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 10, 2007
                    I built a laptop, based on an MSI shell. Love the little thing.