Last Transmonde???????

  • Ben & Alcira McConnell
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
      Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
      network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!

      Ben III
    • Marc Brughmans
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
        I sold mine 2 years ago

        marc
        > Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
        > network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!
        >
        > Ben III
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dave Smith
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
          I still have mine (SE model), upgraded to Windows XP - 12 Gb a few years ago. It's completely servicable, but I don't use it much any more. I  now use an HP laptop that's faster, more memory, bigger screen etc. I'd sell it (the Transmonde) with all accessories, carrying backpack etc for a few hundred $.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
            On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Ben & Alcira McConnell wrote:

            > Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
            > network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!

            I have three SE models in various condition. Two I bought
            second-hand in 2003 are my home "desktop" computers. One is fine
            except for the famous cracked hinges, and the other has a few
            odd keys and a flaky touchpad. Cracked hinges SE is my "vacation"
            laptop. My original 233 SE now has a dead keyboard, but it
            was my main mobile "laptop" unit up until just a year ago. All
            the batteries are now less than 1 hour. I thought of getting one
            or two rebuilt, but instead I bought an external battery that plugs
            into the external power jack. If I wanted to I could assemble one
            all-good SE using parts from the three of them.

            brooks
          • Justin Freeman
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
              Sadly, I sold mine this last year, and built a new one. I miss it.

              > > Do I have the last Transmonde??? Still running on my small home
              > > network-win98se-266-6gb-I think it is an SE model!
              > >
              > > Ben III
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • bkr
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
                --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, bkr <bkr@...> wrote:

                > I have three SE models in various condition.

                Vivante SE, that is... :)

                brooks
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 17, 2006
                  I'd pressed my Vivante SE into service at an old client's in 2003- and
                  it was, last I knew, still running (on AC with battery backup). Great
                  old machines- the only problem I had was a cold solder joint on the
                  power socket, easily fixed.

                  Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
                  H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (888) 454-8181
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 9, 2007
                    --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Freeman"
                    <justinfreeman@...> wrote:

                    > Sadly, I sold mine this last year, and built a new one. I miss it.

                    You built one? Do you mean that built a laptop, or just a new computer?

                    Phil
                  • Justin Freeman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 10, 2007
                      I built a laptop, based on an MSI shell. Love the little thing.