Windows XP

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2005
      Anyone using Windows XP on a Transmonde? If so, how well does it run,
      and what is the processor speed?

      Phil
    • Dave Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2005
        I've used Windows XP on my Vivante SE for a few years, at 133 MHz with a 12 Gig hard drive. It does well. But at that speed it's a bit slow for today's requirements. I just bought an HP to upgrade for general use (3.2 GHz, 80 Gig drive); and I'll relagate the Transmonde to a support role. I've had lots of good years of service from it - it's an old friend.

        Dave

        Phil Calvert <pcalvert@...> wrote:

        Anyone using Windows XP on a Transmonde?  If so, how well does it run,
        and what is the processor speed?

        Phil

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2005
          Hi Dave,

          Thanks for the reply. That's interesting. I never would've guessed
          that WinXP would run on a 133 MHz processor.

          The reason I asked about Windows XP is because I am really interested
          in Windows 2000. I figured that if WinXP will run okay, then Windows
          2000 should run great. My Vivante SE has a 300 MHz Pentium II and 256
          MB of RAM, which should be fine for Win2K if WinXP runs okay on your 133.

          Phil

          --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Dave Smith <aca_photon@y...> wrote:
          > I've used Windows XP on my Vivante SE for a few years, at 133 MHz
          with a 12 Gig hard drive. It does well. But at that speed it's a bit
          slow for today's requirements. I just bought an HP to upgrade for
          general use (3.2 GHz, 80 Gig drive); and I'll relagate the Transmonde
          to a support role. I've had lots of good years of service from it -
          it's an old friend.

          > Dave
        • Dave Smith
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2005
            Hi Phil,

            OOPS! I made a typo. The speed is 233, not 133, Pentium II, 256 MB. Sorry for the confusion.

            Dave

            Phil Calvert <pcalvert@...> wrote:

            Hi Dave,

            Thanks for the reply.  That's interesting.  I never would've guessed
            that WinXP would run on a 133 MHz processor.

            The reason I asked about Windows XP is because I am really interested
            in Windows 2000.  I figured that if WinXP will run okay, then Windows
            2000 should run great.  My Vivante SE has a 300 MHz Pentium II and 256
            MB of RAM, which should be fine for Win2K if WinXP runs okay on your 133.

            Phil

            --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Dave Smith <aca_photon@y...> wrote:
            > I've used Windows XP on my Vivante SE for a few years, at 133 MHz
            with a 12 Gig hard drive. It does well. But at that speed it's a bit
            slow for today's requirements. I just bought an HP to upgrade for
            general use (3.2 GHz, 80 Gig drive); and I'll relagate the Transmonde
            to a support role. I've had lots of good years of service from it -
            it's an old friend.

            > Dave

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Marc Brughmans
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2005
              I used Win XP on my vivante se pent 2-233 , 192 MB, 4 gb had disk. Was very satisfied after a slow start;
              Sold my notebook after 6 years for € 125.

              Marc
              OOPS! I made a typo. The speed is 233, not 133, Pentium II, 256 MB. Sorry for the confusion.

              Dave

              Phil Calvert <pcalvert@...> wrote:

              Hi Dave,

              Thanks for the reply.  That's interesting.  I never would've guessed
              that WinXP would run on a 133 MHz processor.

              The reason I asked about Windows XP is because I am really interested
              in Windows 2000.  I figured that if WinXP will run okay, then Windows
              2000 should run great.  My Vivante SE has a 300 MHz Pentium II and 256
              MB of RAM, which should be fine for Win2K if WinXP runs okay on your 133.

              Phil

              --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Dave Smith <aca_photon@y...> wrote:
              > I've used Windows XP on my Vivante SE for a few years, at 133 MHz
              with a 12 Gig hard drive. It does well. But at that speed it's a bit
              slow for today's requirements. I just bought an HP to upgrade for
              general use (3.2 GHz, 80 Gig drive); and I'll relagate the Transmonde
              to a support role. I've had lots of good years of service from it -
              it's an old friend.

              > Dave

              Do you Yahoo!?