Re: [transmonde] Burn CDs or DVDs with your Transmonde?

  • Dan Christensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
      "Phil Calvert" <pcalvert@...> writes:

      > Anyone use your Transmonde to burn CDs or DVDs? I've been told that
      > the CPUs in these notebooks are probably too slow for burning DVDs.
      > I'm guessing that they're fine for burning CDs, though. Anyone have
      > success with either?

      Never tried DVD's, but I used to burn CD's all the time, using a
      PCMCIA SCSI card and an external SCSI HP CD writer. I think I would
      burn at 4x (the fastest the CD writer could support).

      Dan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Dan Christensen <jdc@u...> wrote:
        > "Phil Calvert" <pcalvert@r...> writes:
        >
        > Never tried DVD's, but I used to burn CD's all the time, using a
        > PCMCIA SCSI card and an external SCSI HP CD writer. I think I would
        > burn at 4x (the fastest the CD writer could support).

        Hi Dan,

        Thanks for the reply, and sorry for my tardy response. I will soon be
        buying an external DVD burner, so we'll know the answer before long.
        It'll be okay if I can only burn CDs with it because I'll be building
        myself a new desktop PC within the next year, and I'll do my DVD
        burning on that.