Burn CDs or DVDs with your Transmonde?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
      Anyone use your Transmonde to burn CDs or DVDs? I've been told that
      the CPUs in these notebooks are probably too slow for burning DVDs.
      I'm guessing that they're fine for burning CDs, though. Anyone have
      success with either?

      Phil
    • Dan Christensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2004
        "Phil Calvert" <pcalvert@...> writes:

        > Anyone use your Transmonde to burn CDs or DVDs? I've been told that
        > the CPUs in these notebooks are probably too slow for burning DVDs.
        > I'm guessing that they're fine for burning CDs, though. Anyone have
        > success with either?

        Never tried DVD's, but I used to burn CD's all the time, using a
        PCMCIA SCSI card and an external SCSI HP CD writer. I think I would
        burn at 4x (the fastest the CD writer could support).

        Dan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1 11:07 AM
          --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Dan Christensen <jdc@u...> wrote:
          > "Phil Calvert" <pcalvert@r...> writes:
          >
          > Never tried DVD's, but I used to burn CD's all the time, using a
          > PCMCIA SCSI card and an external SCSI HP CD writer. I think I would
          > burn at 4x (the fastest the CD writer could support).

          Hi Dan,

          Thanks for the reply, and sorry for my tardy response. I will soon be
          buying an external DVD burner, so we'll know the answer before long.
          It'll be okay if I can only burn CDs with it because I'll be building
          myself a new desktop PC within the next year, and I'll do my DVD
          burning on that.