Adding RAM to Vivante SE

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2004
      Hey folks,

      My Vivante SE came with 64 MB of memory and I want to put more into
      it. If possible, I just want to put in an additional stick of RAM and
      not waste the 64 MB that it came with. I want to add at least 128 MB.
      If I get faster RAM, will that be compatible? Or do I have to make
      sure that both sticks of memory are the same speed?

      Also, by reading old posts here I got the impression that I could put
      in an additional 256 MB, for a total of 320 MB. Is that possible?
      The manual gave me the impression that 256 MB is the most memory one
      can put into a Vivante SE. Now, however, I am not sure if that means
      256 MB total, or 256 MB per slot.