Motherboard manufacturer?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2004
      Hey folks,

      Can anyone tell me what make of motherboard is inside a Vivante
      SE? I don't want to take my laptop apart to find out. I know
      that there are at least a few people out there who've taken
      their's apart to fix the power jack, so I am hoping that one of
      you made a note of what kind of motherboard is in there.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2004
        On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Phil Calvert wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me what make of motherboard is inside a Vivante SE?

        Not sure what you mean, but all laptop motherboards are unique for that
        particular design and/or model.

        ASE used to make the Transmonde models.

        Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
        H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (888) 454-8181
        W: 26601 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA 91302-1959 (818) 444-3685
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2004
          --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Crudup <kenny@p...> wrote:

          > On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Phil Calvert wrote:
          >
          > > Can anyone tell me what make of motherboard is inside a Vivante SE?
          >
          > Not sure what you mean, but all laptop motherboards are unique for that
          > particular design and/or model.
          >
          > ASE used to make the Transmonde models.

          Yes, I know that. But that does not necessarily mean that ASE
          made the motherboards. I was thinking that one way to find out
          is to actually look at the motherboard to see what is written on
          it.

          Phil
        • Brad
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 28, 2004
            Well, I ripped out a motherboard from an old, non-working Transmonde
            Vivante SE. No FCC Id, no manufacturer's name, Just says that it is
            made in Taiwan.
            Brad

            > On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Phil Calvert wrote:
            >
            > > Can anyone tell me what make of motherboard is inside a Vivante SE?
            >
            > Not sure what you mean, but all laptop motherboards are unique for
            that
            > particular design and/or model.
            >
            > ASE used to make the Transmonde models.

            Yes, I know that. But that does not necessarily mean that ASE
            made the motherboards. I was thinking that one way to find out
            is to actually look at the motherboard to see what is written on
            it.

            Phil

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2004
              --- In transmonde@yahoogroups.com, "Brad" <baysailor@s...> wrote:
              > Well, I ripped out a motherboard from an old, non-working Transmonde
              > Vivante SE. No FCC Id, no manufacturer's name, Just says that it is
              > made in Taiwan.
              > Brad

              Hi Brad,

              Thanks for looking and posting your findings. It's too bad. I was
              hoping that the motherboards were made by a company other than ASE,
              and that they were still in business. Even if they were made by some
              other company, it looks like we'll probably never know which one.