RE: [transmonde] maximum RAM on Vivante SE

  • Brad
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hi Dan,

      I haven't tried a single 256 mb memory card, but I have used PC-100 with no
      problems.

      Brad

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
        I have put an extra 128 in mine. Using xp witk 192 Mb. Faster ram is not a
        problem.

        Marc
        > My Vivante SE user's guide says that there are two RAM slots and that
        > it accepts a maximum of 256M. Does anyone know if it can handle a
        > single 256M stick, or if you must use two 128M sticks to reach the
        > limit?
        >
        > Also, the ram is supposed to be 66Mhz, I believe. Does it hurt
        > to use faster ram (e.g. PC-100)?
        >
        > Thanks for any help,
        >
        > Dan

      • Dave Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
          I have 512M of PC 100 in my Vivante SE. No Problem.

          Regards,
          Dave

        • Dave Smith
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
            I remembered wrong! I have 256M of PC-100 installed.

            Regards,
            Dave

            >From: "Dave Smith" <smithd57@...>
            >To: transmonde@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [transmonde] maximum RAM on Vivante SE
            >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:30:24 -0400
            >
            >I have 512M of PC 100 in my Vivante SE. No Problem.
            >
            >Regards,
            >Dave

            Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
            http://msnmessenger-download.com