maximum RAM on Vivante SE

  • Dan Christensen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2003
      My Vivante SE user's guide says that there are two RAM slots and that
      it accepts a maximum of 256M. Does anyone know if it can handle a
      single 256M stick, or if you must use two 128M sticks to reach the
      limit?

      Also, the ram is supposed to be 66Mhz, I believe. Does it hurt
      to use faster ram (e.g. PC-100)?

      Thanks for any help,

      Dan
    • Brad
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
        Hi Dan,

        I haven't tried a single 256 mb memory card, but I have used PC-100 with no
        problems.

        Brad

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
          I have put an extra 128 in mine. Using xp witk 192 Mb. Faster ram is not a
          problem.

          Marc
          > My Vivante SE user's guide says that there are two RAM slots and that
          > it accepts a maximum of 256M. Does anyone know if it can handle a
          > single 256M stick, or if you must use two 128M sticks to reach the
          > limit?
          >
          > Also, the ram is supposed to be 66Mhz, I believe. Does it hurt
          > to use faster ram (e.g. PC-100)?
          >
          > Thanks for any help,
          >
          > Dan

        • Dave Smith
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
            I have 512M of PC 100 in my Vivante SE. No Problem.

            Regards,
            Dave

          • Dave Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
              I remembered wrong! I have 256M of PC-100 installed.

              Regards,
              Dave

              >From: "Dave Smith" <smithd57@...>
              >To: transmonde@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [transmonde] maximum RAM on Vivante SE
              >Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:30:24 -0400
              >
              >I have 512M of PC 100 in my Vivante SE. No Problem.
              >
              >Regards,
              >Dave

              Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
              http://msnmessenger-download.com