Re: [transmonde] Greetings

  • Dave & Sara Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , May 20, 2003
      I'd be happy with a closed list, or with the existing open one if the
      spam incidence is low to non-existent. I don't recall another case like
      the one we just experienced; so how about waiting until a pattern of
      incidents convinces us to close the list. The advantage of the open list
      is that other Transmonde users can find us easily and contribute to our
      mutual benefit. A closed list could be somewhat inhibiting to Transmonde
      users who experience trouble and look for help.

      My SE still gives great service at home and on the road, although it's
      now relegated to an ancillary status on an Ethernet when I'm home.

      Thanks, Jess, for reporting the incident to Yahoo's abuse line. With
      luck, we won't see a pattern of more spam/scam.

      Regards,
      Dave

      Message 2 of 7 , May 20, 2003
        Hi Jessica,

        I sold my Transmonde a while ago, and tried to unsubscribe to the list but couldn't
        find my welcome message with instructions.
        I also searched on-line to no avail.

        I tried sending this message only to jessica.boyd@... but it bounced.
        Sorry to bother you and the list, but can you help?

        Thanks,
        Guillermo

        On Tue, 20 May 2003, aisha aku wrote:

        > >From the Desk of: AISHA AKU
        > Victoria Garden City,
        > Lagos-Nigeria.
        >

        > I NEED YOUR HELP
        >
        > May the blessing of God be upon you and grant you the
        > wisdom and sympathy to understand my
        > situation and how much I need your help. Late MARK Bako
        > AKU,ex-MINISTER of SPORT (Federal Republic of Nigeria)
        > was my husband that died of Air crash in May 4th 2002
        > on Borad EAS airline. Most of our trusted Associates
        > betrayed us because of Ministerial Jobs and
        > appointments.
        >
        > I need your immediate help, I beg of you.
        > I need your help to transfer what I call "our future
        > hope" the sum of fIFTEEN Million United State
        > Dollars (US15,000,000) from my late husband's private
        > vault which he deposited into a security firm before
        > his death.
        >
        > The last transfer of Ten Million United State
        > Dollars(US$10,000,000)I made into a friend's foreign
        > account at Europe, after the successful transfer, my
        > friend denied me my money This fund is considered as
        > the main source of my
        > family's future hope. When this US$15 Million dollars
        > is transferred, my brother franklin Okoye who is also
        > my close Confidant would be able to establish an
        > investment with your assistance on our family behalf
        > until I come out of my travail and tormentors.
        > For your information, my communication and movement are
        > under strict surveillance therefore make all your
        > communications to me through my E-MAIL ADDRESS.This is
        > to ensure maximum confidentiality and secret.
        > If you HELP me receive this money into a foreign
        > account, I
        > WILL reward you with 25% of the total sum.
        > I will also compensate you for your inconveniences and
        > 10% for expenses incurred. I am depending on this fund
        > and I am counting on you for my future and that of my
        > family. I wait patiently for yourresponse.Please
        > include your contact details ,telephone, fax and
        > nationality.
        > Yours truly,
        > AISHA AJU(Mrs.)
        > NB: YOU CAN SEND EMAIL TO MY BROTHER,MR FRANKLIN OKOYE
        > AS WELL E-MAIL:frankling9@...

        Jessica L. Boyd <jessica.boyd@...>
        Senator, College of Science, Engineering, and Technology
        Minnesota State Student Association
        280 Centennial Student Union
        Mankato, MN 56001

        "Be ashamed to die until you have won a victory for humanity." -- Horace Mann

      • Jessica L. Boyd
        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2003
          Ok, to unsubscribe, send a black e-mail to
          transmonde-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          It's that easy. :)

          Jessica

          Message 4 of 7 , May 21, 2003
            On Tue, 20 May 2003, Jessica L. Boyd wrote:

            A "Black E-mail"? The mind, she boggles :-)

            Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
            H: 3801 E. Pacific Coast Hw #9, Long Beach, CA 90804-2014 (888) 454-8181
            W: 2052 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92606-4905 (949) 252-1111-X240