Re: [transmonde] Digest Number 194

  • Tom Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2003
      Phil,

      When you say it is no longer working properly, are you saying it is totally
      inoperative? You don't ever want any significant noise coming from a drive
      so I would say it is either trashed or on the way to becoming so. I doubt
      it can be repaired or adjusted.

      Have you tried booting off a diskette and then accessing the disk? Or, if
      you could get it attached to a computer as the second drive, maybe the first
      one could boot up the machine and then you might be able to copy something
      off it.

      If the information is very critical, there are disk recovery services but
      that is pretty expensive. Now is the time I am supposed to remind you that
      timely backups are a good thing but that always pi**es me off when some
      smart alec sez it to me so I won't. <g>

      Good luck,

      Tom