Re:[transmonde] Trying to open the case.

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2003
      Hi Bill,

      Thanks for the reply and pointer to the VoyForums site. On my Vivante SE, the CMOS battery is not easily accessible. A pretty stupid design if you ask me. Oh well...

      Phil

      P.S. Too bad this group is almost dead. It seems as if the number of active participants can be counted on one hand.

      ---------- "clockdocco" <billdiesch@...> writes:

      Hi Phil,

      I don't know if your machine is the same, but on my Vivante XL the
      CMOS battery is inside one of the removable cover plates on the
      bottom of the computer. Only two screws to remove and the battery
      just pops out like in a watch. Battery is a CR1220 - available at
      WalMart in the jewelry department for $3.00.

      I also believe that there is a set of instructions on disassembling
      the SE on a different Transmonde web site - it's called VoyForums.
      The web address is www.voy.com/912/

      Hope this helps, Bill
    • RK Hodges
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2003
        --- Phil Calvert <pcalvert@...> wrote:

        > P.S. Too bad this group is almost dead. It seems
        > as if the number of active participants can be
        > counted on one hand.

        I would imagine that the number of Transmonde units
        still in use is dwindling. My Vivante SE has worked
        well for 4 years and has beaten the average life span
        for a daily use (and very mobile) laptop. It was well
        worth the money I paid for it. I expect that I will
        soon make one final post when I ask if anyone is
        interested in the thing for parts.

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2003
          On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, RK Hodges wrote:

          > I would imagine that the number of Transmonde units
          > still in use is dwindling. My Vivante SE has worked
          > well for 4 years and has beaten the average life span
          > for a daily use (and very mobile) laptop. It was well
          > worth the money I paid for it.

          I'm about to lend mine out to someone just starting night school; for getting
          onto the 'net and printing out a few papers, it works just fine.

          Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles, CA
          Home: 3801 E. Pacific Coast Hwy #9, Long Beach, CA 90804-2014 (888) 454-8181
          Work: 2052 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92606-4905 (949) 252-1111 X240