Re:[transmonde] Updating to Windows 98 SE - Vivante SL

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2003
      Hi Bill,

      I'm sorry to hear that that didn't work for you. What size and brand of hard drive are you trying to format? It might also help if you could tell me the hard drive model number, too.

      Phil

      ---------- "clockdocco <billdiesch@...>" <billdiesch@...> writes:

      Hi Phil,

      Tried it, didn't get very far. Did an fdisk, deleted partition,
      restarted computer to make sure partition was gone (it was), re-
      partitioned, restarted computer to make sure it partitioned properly
      (it did), tried your format command (had to find it in the CD) and it
      did the first 5% and then got "not ready" and "format terminated"
      messages. Took a look in the C drive directory and it shows a
      WININST0 400 directory which is dated at 10:37 last night. Have no
      idea what this is or where it came from. The last character is the
      name is a zero, not an o. Checked clock, it is correct.

      Floppy is not a different version, it was made from this 98SE disc
      when I first installed it on my other computer.