Re: still trying to find a cure for my dead machine

  • Sus12@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2003
      Still hoping someone knows what happened to my system when I plugged in the
      external floppy without shutting down first. All was fine until then. Now
      it's dead and the power supply green light blinks on and off. ANy suggestions
      other than the garbage?? (I've since gotten a new laptop but want to fix the
      old one) Thanks
      Susan
    • Brooks K. Rownd
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
        On Feb 25, 2003 at 09:36PM (-0500), Sus12@... said:
        > Still hoping someone knows what happened to my system when I plugged in the
        > external floppy without shutting down first. All was fine until then. Now
        > it's dead and the power supply green light blinks on and off. ANy suggestions
        > other than the garbage?? (I've since gotten a new laptop but want to fix the
        > old one) Thanks

        May have fried something on the motherboard. The only thing you can
        replace on there is the CPU, and I doubt that's the problem. Only thing
        I can suggest is selling it for parts on eBay, or using it as a parts
        source for another system. Certainly NOT the garbage, though! Gotta be
        somebody else out there looking for parts for theirs too.

        bkr,
        whose veteran machine has its share of tape-and-solder repair jobs...