Re: [transmonde] Anti-Virus in BIOS?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2003
      On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, pcalvert.rm <pcalvert@...> wrote:

      > I believe that there is an anti-virus feature in the BIOS of my
      > Vivante SE. Anyone know how this works or what it does?

      It's a limited form of boot-sector-virus protection; all it does is flash a
      warning if any program tries to write to the boot sector of your hard drive.

      Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles, CA
      Home: 3801 E. Pacific Coast Hwy #9, Long Beach, CA 90804-2014 (888) 454-8181
      Work: 2052 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92606-4905 (949) 252-1111 X240
    • pcalvert.rm <pcalvert@rocketmail.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2003
        > > I believe that there is an anti-virus feature in the BIOS of my
        > > Vivante SE. Anyone know how this works or what it does?
        >
        > It's a limited form of boot-sector-virus protection; all it does is
        flash a
        > warning if any program tries to write to the boot sector of your
        hard drive.

        > -Kenny

        That's what I suspected. Do you know if it blocks the attempt, or
        just issues a warning?