Re: Buy RAM for a Vivante SE

  • ozzieoz120
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
      --- In transmonde@y..., Dan Christensen <jdc@u...> wrote:
      > "ozzieoz120" <mnosports@y...> writes:
      >
      > > I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
      > > upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in
      its
      > > only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.
      >
      > My Vivante SE has 192M of RAM: 64M + 128M. (By the way, I'm not
      sure
      > what you mean by 8M "on board".)
      >
      > > Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
      > > I would like a 64meg chip.
      >
      > I got mine at crucial.com.
      >
      > Dan

      Thanks Dan for your response!

      What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
      ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
      adding memory? Mine does.

      Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
      the one you're using?

      thanks
      Ozzie
    • Marc Brughmans
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
        My vivante se has 2 slots. I bought it with 64 mb and last year I put
        another 128 Mb in it. I am now running Windows XP on a 233 MHz pentium2.

        Marc
        > > > I have a vivante SE laptop with 32megs of RAM and I would like to
        > > > upgrade. On the laptop it has 8mb ram on board and a 24mb chip in
        > its
        > > > only slot. The manual says it can only go to 64.
        > >
        > > My Vivante SE has 192M of RAM: 64M + 128M. (By the way, I'm not
        > sure
        > > what you mean by 8M "on board".)
        > >
        > > > Where can I buy memory for this laptop?
        > > > I would like a 64meg chip.
        > >
        > > I got mine at crucial.com.
        > >
        > > Dan
        >
        > Thanks Dan for your response!
        >
        > What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
        > ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
        > adding memory? Mine does.
        >
        > Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
        > the one you're using?
        >
        > thanks
        > Ozzie

      • Dan Christensen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2002
          "ozzieoz120" <mnosports@...> writes:

          > What I mean by "on-board" is when I removed my 24mb chip, the laptop
          > ran on it own at 8mb of ram. Does your laptop has only 1 slot for
          > adding memory? Mine does.

          Oh, mine has two slots. Interesting.

          > Also, I went on crucial.com and I saw the edo ram, 144 pins. Is this
          > the one you're using?

          Below is an old message which shows part numbers.

          Dan